Started on: 05-23-2008 07:25 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: steve308 on 05-23-2008 10:55 PM
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
Would appreciate feedback on the install of a steering stabilizer on an 86 2.8 auto. Did it help tame the steering wheel "Buzz in the hand". Everything on the suspension is in great shape (new) and the alignment is dead on but I still have feed back that I am not comfortable with. I would rather find a straight bolt-on kit vrs having to weld so any direction advice you have I would appreciate. Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
Yours doesn't have one? I thought all pre-88 cars came stock with a steering stabilizer. Rodney Dickman sells a kit to install dual stabilizers I believe.
chrismclubm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post
adding one or replacing yours will make an outstanding difference in that shake you feel whenever you feel a bump. Jack the front of the car, there are two bolts that hold it in. Remove them and replace with new one. If you really want, you can add two steering stabilzers, but it is not needed.

------------------
1986 GT Fiero Owner & Enthusiast

steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
Thanks guys but I'm looking for an aftermarket set up like those on lifted trucks. I was looking to add a second to the one that is already there. Don't no why! just because I guess. Front end is dropped with the appropriate kit and all the standard stuff is there along with the dampners but I still get that buzz at speed. BTW - It's a308 conversion with 205 55 16's. Monroe listed a stablizer part #2943 and the fiero store has them but I was hoping for a bit more "beef" than the standard OE unit. Might just see if I can replace the standard unit with a more heavy duty one so I guess it's time to hit the catalog spec sheets.
Ditkaphile

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DitkaphileSend a Private Message to DitkaphileDirect Link to This Post
If I recall, Rodney indicates that his dual steering stabilizer kit increases steering effort. Just something to consider, given that you have wider tires already...and please correct me if I am wrong here.
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
You are correct! I didn't read the discription of the damper kit well enough. It appears that I have my answer. Thanks. case closed!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock