Shock Sensor Location by chrismclubm
Started on: 05-17-2008 09:28 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: chrismclubm on 05-18-2008 01:28 PM
chrismclubm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2008 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post
Where is the best place to installed a shock sensor? I installed mine beneath the instrument gauges but it is not giving me a full range of the vehicle!

------------------
1986 GT Fiero Owner & Enthusiast

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2008 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
For what application?
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2008 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
maybe mount it to the kick pannel area or some of of solid body / frame
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2008 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
I have the same issue with mine, the sensor works fine but in the Fiero it is nearly useless. The body panels absorb far too much of the impact to trigger my sensor.

I still haven't found a really good place for it on my car.
chrismclubm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2008 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

For what application?

For my alarm system.

------------------

NeoTristan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2008 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NeoTristanClick Here to visit NeoTristan's HomePageSend a Private Message to NeoTristanDirect Link to This Post
When I install alarm systems, I have found that the best place for a shock sensor is on the main ignition harness itself, you may have to adjust the sensitivity though. The harness is the best place because it can pick up vibration from the rest of the vehicle plus if someone was to get inside without triggering the alarm, the harness is usually the first place they would go, upon touching it the alarm would immediately trigger. This is what we have found to be a best practice and are trained to do. I have my shock sensor on my harness, zip-tied then wrapped so it is secured and it works great.

------------------
Tristan
84 Fiero SE

chrismclubm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NeoTristan:

When I install alarm systems, I have found that the best place for a shock sensor is on the main ignition harness itself, you may have to adjust the sensitivity though. The harness is the best place because it can pick up vibration from the rest of the vehicle plus if someone was to get inside without triggering the alarm, the harness is usually the first place they would go, upon touching it the alarm would immediately trigger. This is what we have found to be a best practice and are trained to do. I have my shock sensor on my harness, zip-tied then wrapped so it is secured and it works great.

that is a great idea, thanks

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock