door panel carpet. by fatmerk
Started on: 05-07-2008 11:31 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: fatmerk on 05-08-2008 11:11 PM
fatmerk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2008 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fatmerkSend a Private Message to fatmerkDirect Link to This Post
just wondering if any one has any tricks for removing the carpet off of the door panels. thanks

Jason
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Ac Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2008 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ac FieroSend a Private Message to Ac FieroDirect Link to This Post
i never did it but i remember reading in another post that soaking it in carb cleaner will allow it to peel off easily

------------------
Anson Craig

Darrelk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2008 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DarrelkClick Here to visit Darrelk's HomePageSend a Private Message to DarrelkDirect Link to This Post
If I remember right, Mr. Mike had suggested using spray can starter fluid. I pulled my panels off, layed them down and did a quick spray with the stuff. Let it soak for maybe 5 minutes, and they peeled right off. Make sure you wear some disposable gloves and do this outdoors as most of those starter fluid chemicals are alcohols and ethers.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2008 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
I did not do it myself, but a shop took off the old crap and put on new stuff (anything I wanted) for $50. This was for my flush mount door speakers so the original door map pockets could not be reused.

BTW, If I can remember correctly they used a steam gun type process. I could not have a spray can chemical smell in the car

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 05-08-2008).]

fatmerk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2008 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fatmerkSend a Private Message to fatmerkDirect Link to This Post
i tried using carb cleaner, it worked like a dream.

[This message has been edited by fatmerk (edited 05-08-2008).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock