when I put my light on the left turning signal come on by coffeeron
Started on: 05-03-2008 09:06 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Electrathon on 05-03-2008 10:06 PM
coffeeron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2008 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coffeeronSend a Private Message to coffeeronDirect Link to This Post
I have a problem when I put the running lights and or headlights on the left side only turning signal lght come on too, something is making that left side only turning light come on, all so the driver side, side running light has 2 wires that if you put a volt meter on each wire you get a 12 volt plus reading , not groung reading at all, I think the color on the wires is blue, and brown.
Ron
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Ants87gt

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2008 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ants87gtSend a Private Message to Ants87gtDirect Link to This Post
Does the light flash or just come on? A lot of times they come on to let you know that one of you running lights on that side are not working right you might check them all.

Ant
Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2008 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
The brown wire is the running light, the blue is the turn signal. Generally, you will find that the ground wire is bad to the light (could be front or rear). The front fails more often. It is most likely to be the black ground with to the socket is broken inside the socket. They are a common replacement part at the parts store, or cut a used one off another car (common to most all GM of that era).

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock