Started on: 05-02-2008 12:47 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: opm2000 on 05-04-2008 06:03 AM
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2008 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasDirect Link to This Post
I had a local guy offer me a 1989 Allante intake (both parts), throttle body and fuel rail for $350...
Is that a fair price? Seems high to me. I think I can get a whole motor for $500 for a local engine puller...
Opinions?

I want to install this on the Fiero Factory install when I get that car back in a few weeks...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
arte444

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2008 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Direct Link to This Post
I found one for $250 by me... I'll see if I can give you the name of the boneyard.
opm2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2008 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for opm2000Click Here to visit opm2000's HomePageSend a Private Message to opm2000Direct Link to This Post
I got mine by buying the entire motor. $500 for a 60K motor ( I pickled the donor after getting the parts off ).

As long as it's an '89 or later, chances are you will have the same part # cylinder heads, and the steel rocker bridges, as well. Allways nice to have an extra set in reserve.

If your buying just parts, the upper/lower manifolds, water neck, fuel rails & fuel line stubs, entire throttlebody w/brackets & stepmotor, and the alternator bracket....are the type-specific parts you will just have to have, or else set around a long time.

David Breeze

------------------

Pantera Rebody Kits

lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2008 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasDirect Link to This Post
is the filler neck attached to the lower intake?
I want to make sure I get everything all at once... What do you mean by fuel stubs?

Thanks.
opm2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2008 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for opm2000Click Here to visit opm2000's HomePageSend a Private Message to opm2000Direct Link to This Post
Filler neck bolts to lower manifold. It's not really a filler, but it's where you would attch the hose and auxillary filler cap for a Fiero installation. The thermostat is held in place by the filler neck.

One fuel line attaches using a fairly standard flared pipe fuel fitting, and you could get by without it.

The other fuel line has a "v" shaped hold down plate, an o-ringed 90deg end, and swivels. You would have a heck of a time duplicating this.

If you at least get the first 6"-8" of fuel line coming off the fuel rail, you will be ok. Although, the more of the original line you get, the better.

David Breeze

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock