Aero nose on a 88 Coupe by Lilchief
Started on: 05-01-2008 10:48 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: jscott1 on 05-02-2008 01:51 PM
Lilchief

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2008 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilchiefSend a Private Message to LilchiefDirect Link to This Post
Just got an 88 coupe and was thinking of putting on an aero nose on. Would it have to be an 88 or will others fit? And how about the molding and parking light locations. My 85GT looks like the parking lights are in a different location and it has ribbed molding. Can you get round molding that will fit on an 85 GT nose?

------------------

85 GT 3.4
14.9 @ 90 1.9 60' Old TH125/3.06
Unknown New 4T60/3.42

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2008 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
The later noses had the rounded mouled built in so since you have rounded molding youd probably have to find one of those. You can use your same marker lights though. Any fascia will fit too you just need the supports and molding on the pointed tip to match.
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2008 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
Any year aero nose will fit. If you want round moulding you will need a 86+ GT nose, or you can get the round tip for an groove trim nose and cut the extra trim off the bumper then add round markers.
86GT3.4DOHC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2008 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
All Fiero body pannels from any year will fit any other year (except 84' door pannels) thats one of the amazing things, the interchangability.

The areo noses dont have any built in moulding (unlike the rear bumper) so yes, you can get the little triangle mouldings with round moulding. Though you'd probably have a hard time finding one without, as 85GT and 84 indys are the only two models to come aero nose with ribbed moulding. The marker lights are interchangable as well. You will need new inner wheel wells though, as there is a little triangle of added material for the aero nose. You could probably add some yourself, though if you couldnt find the aero liner.

Edit:

Eh, I think 86SE were also ribbed trim. And I think there was some where the trim was one piece with the nose, maybe 84 indy 85 GT. Its too late to be remembering and using thinky parts.... snooozzzz....

[This message has been edited by 86GT3.4DOHC (edited 05-02-2008).]

FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2008 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86GT3.4DOHC:

Edit:

Eh, I think 86SE were also ribbed trim. And I think there was some where the trim was one piece with the nose, maybe 84 indy 85 GT. Its too late to be remembering and using thinky parts.... snooozzzz....

87 SE also had ribbed trim on the aero nose...
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2008 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFanatic13:

87 SE also had ribbed trim on the aero nose...

so did the 86SE
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2008 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
The AERO fascias that originally came on a ribbed molding car, have a portion of the ribbed molding actually molded into the fascia. This location is about the last 3" part that is closest to the wheel well.
The triangle towards the nose is removable and has smooth and ribbed versions.
The ribbed side marker lights are shorter due to this molded in ribbed section.
The smooth moldings are about 3" longer because this molded in section does not exist on all fascias designed for smooth molding (87/88 coupes and Fastback GTs)

You can take a ribbed molding Aero fascia and cut out the molded in ribbed section. Then you can place the smooth molding right over the top of this cut out. This mod will convert a ribbed AERO fascia to a Round Molding Fascia.

You can see the 3" section removed from this pic:
86GT3.4DOHC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2008 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Oh yea... He's right, what can I say, it was 2AM. Like he said, its easy to trim off the ribbed section.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2008 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

The AERO fascias that originally came on a ribbed molding car, have a portion of the ribbed molding actually molded into the fascia. This location is about the last 3" part that is closest to the wheel well.
The triangle towards the nose is removable and has smooth and ribbed versions.
The ribbed side marker lights are shorter due to this molded in ribbed section.
The smooth moldings are about 3" longer because this molded in section does not exist on all fascias designed for smooth molding (87/88 coupes and Fastback GTs)

You can take a ribbed molding Aero fascia and cut out the molded in ribbed section. Then you can place the smooth molding right over the top of this cut out. This mod will convert a ribbed AERO fascia to a Round Molding Fascia.

You can see the 3" section removed from this pic:

I wish we could sticky this answer as it comes up all the time and this is the best response I have seen yet to the "will the aero nose fit?" question.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock