It shuts off! Help! by NeoTristan
Started on: 04-30-2008 12:40 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: NeoTristan on 05-01-2008 06:59 PM
NeoTristan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2008 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NeoTristanClick Here to visit NeoTristan's HomePageSend a Private Message to NeoTristanDirect Link to This Post
Following my black smoke and chop thread, I replaced the O2 sensor and everything was great... for about two days. Afterwards I would notice an intermittent loss of power and when I pressed the clutch in to comme to a stop, the engine would shut off and not hold an idle. It acts like this once it has reach operating temperature and is a pain to drive like this in the city. I pulled a code 13... again two days after the new o2 and today i put in a new TPS.

------------------
Tristan
84 Fiero SE

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post04-30-2008 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
If you're getting a Code 13 with a new sensor then likely the problem is with the wiring/connector to the sensor or the ECM. Ground the diagnostic connector like you're going to check codes then start the motor. Let it warm up for a few minutes and the check engine light should start blinking on and off. The amount of time it's on should be exactly as long as it is off, i.e. 50% on and 50% off. If it stays on or off most of the time then either the sensor's working and you're very rich or lean, or the wiring to the sensor has a problem.

JazzMan
NeoTristan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2008 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NeoTristanClick Here to visit NeoTristan's HomePageSend a Private Message to NeoTristanDirect Link to This Post
I checked the connections. I'm wondering if maybe my new sensor is faulty. Its a delco, not bosch. I'll see if there is any warranty on it. Would it be a good idea to replace the pigatails for the two sensors?
NeoTristan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2008 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NeoTristanClick Here to visit NeoTristan's HomePageSend a Private Message to NeoTristanDirect Link to This Post

NeoTristan

321 posts
Member since Sep 2007
^^^
NeoTristan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2008 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NeoTristanClick Here to visit NeoTristan's HomePageSend a Private Message to NeoTristanDirect Link to This Post

NeoTristan

321 posts
Member since Sep 2007
anymore ideas?
NeoTristan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2008 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NeoTristanClick Here to visit NeoTristan's HomePageSend a Private Message to NeoTristanDirect Link to This Post

NeoTristan

321 posts
Member since Sep 2007
New development. With the sensor that I put in the other day I get a check engine light that stays on after the car reaches operating temperature. Still a code 13.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock