Corvette brake swap master cyl by Matthew_Fiero
Started on: 04-29-2008 09:58 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Matthew_Fiero on 05-01-2008 09:30 PM
Matthew_Fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2008 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Hey again everyone.

I am curious as to what master cyl for the 67-80 corvette will fit the fierostore brake lines that connect it to the proportioning valve.

From all the reading I did It seems that the Napa 39052 is the correct one, however it is $150 compared to a $20 dollar one at a local parts store that is supposed to be for 67-80 vette.

I have almost all my parts for this swap and would appreciate any input, I would rather not create any lines, bad memories of endless months of flaring.

Thank you.

Matthew
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2008 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post
bump
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2008 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post

Matthew_Fiero

2788 posts
Member since Aug 2001
bump..
gunslinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2008 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gunslingerSend a Private Message to gunslingerDirect Link to This Post
The difference with the 3902 is the front and rear holes are the same sized fitting like the Fiero lines while the 10-1749 has different sized fitting that is the only difference but the price tells it all.

I think only NAPA has this part as I have also tried to get i elsewhere with no luck.
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2008 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post
I got the master... the fittings are the same like you said, however the holes are reversed, the small is near the front of the car and the larger output is near the cabin.

I thought I have heard many ppl say they found a master that bolts right in with slight bending.. can someone let me know which master that is??
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2008 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post

Matthew_Fiero

2788 posts
Member since Aug 2001
After an hour or so of playing, I managed to bend them properly

I can post a pic if anyone is interested.

I first practiced on the old steel lines then bent the SS ones after, the carbon steel was easier

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock