Performance Sound Option by Loops87GT
Started on: 04-28-2008 06:08 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Loops87GT on 04-28-2008 10:15 PM
Loops87GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2008 06:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Loops87GTSend a Private Message to Loops87GTDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone who has the stock 'performance sound' option has hooked up the sub to a new head unit, and if so how to hook it up. I easily spliced everything else together (Im not totally incompetent haha) but i dont have the sub going and think it would be cool to actually use the sweet performance sound slider on the headliner thanxs
Mike
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2008 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
To use the stock sub with an aftermarket head unit you need to take the two large pink wires that are on the stock head unit connector and hook them to a relay output.
Run +12V to the relay input and control the relay with the remote output of the aftermarket head unit.

In stock form the sub amp gets it's power from the head unit, But aftermarket remote turn-on's do not have the current amps to run the sub amp. Others have taken the two wires and run them to accessory power as well but occasionally this will cause a humming in the sub if the stereo is off.

------------------

Happiness isn't around the corner...
Happiness IS the corner.

ZZ4 Powered !!

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 04-28-2008).]

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2008 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Just connect the two pink wires to a power source that its controlled by the key. One of the two power wires coming into the stock radio harness works fine, but I honestly don't remember if it's the orange or the brown or a different one, you'll have to check on a wiring diagram.
Loops87GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2008 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Loops87GTSend a Private Message to Loops87GTDirect Link to This Post
thanxs guys, just got it going, now i just need to order a replacement from the fiero store haha, its soooo blown, thanxs again
Mike

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock