3800 HD Tranny Mounting Suggestions Needed by anwalker
Started on: 04-27-2008 07:51 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: darkhorizon on 04-27-2008 11:27 PM
anwalker

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2008 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anwalkerSend a Private Message to anwalkerDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys I worked all weekend on my transmission install and every thing seems to be ok except the transmission does not sit level front to back. It is about .180" out of level as shown below:

I used the brackets out of a Lumina Van on the left and the right side and the stock Fiero TH125 rubber mounts. I believe the firewall mount has the transmission sitting too high.

Any suggestions on leveling?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2008 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
You can always slot the single mounting hole to give you some adjustment on the mount that is causing the issue. All in all though, that little bit being off is not going to matter one way or the other. Also not a good idea using those stock rubber mounts as they are not going to last very long and it will really not be level afterwards. The first one to rip it going to be the one on the firewall side. Where the Lumina van mounts a direct fit?
anwalker

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2008 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anwalkerSend a Private Message to anwalkerDirect Link to This Post
I did slot the holes but when you rock the tranny it changes the mount angle and will not adapt. The lumina mounts were a direct fit to the transmission but I had to slot the cradle holes. I am thinking that I will have to make a custom mount for the one thats giving me the trouble.
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2008 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
Technically if you can stand the way it looks, the farther its tilted up in the "front" the better off you are...

I would just eyeball it, and cheat it a bit up in the front... The only thing you should be worried about is making sure the axles are both dead straight in line with eachother, so it will receive equal loading.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock