Gas pedal sticking , hanging by PAULE
Started on: 04-26-2008 06:48 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: 2farnorth on 04-26-2008 09:40 PM
PAULE

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2008 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PAULESend a Private Message to PAULEDirect Link to This Post
Sometimes when i try to start off at a light my gas pedal seems to stick or hang. I can push a little hard on it and it will free up and do just fine only when i am leaveing a stop light will it do it, any suggestions? thanks

[This message has been edited by PAULE (edited 04-26-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2008 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post
What engine?
You may want to clean the pivot point at the throttle body ( 85 thru 88 V-6) or at the pivot plate (87 & 88 tech 4).
I can't remember where the throttle cable joins the throttle body on the 84 thru 86 four cylinder is located but try to clean an lubricate at that point.
White lithumn grease as I recall.
PAULE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2008 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PAULESend a Private Message to PAULEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PAULE:

Sometimes when i try to start off at a light my gas pedal seems to stick or hang. I can push a little hard on it and it will free up and do just fine only when i am leaveing a stop light will it do it, any suggestions? thanks

I have a v-6 2.8 stock and i have lubed the cable at the throttle body did not seem to help.

emsdad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2008 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for emsdadSend a Private Message to emsdadDirect Link to This Post
I have a 86 w/iron duke and I just replaced the throttle cable with one from the Fiero store and its still a little tight.Its better but still tight. I think it may have something to do with the length and all the twists and turns it has to go thru.
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2008 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone ever messed with the idle stop screw? If they have, the throttle plate may be closing to far and binding on the bore. If the tamper seal is still over the screw then it hasn't been turned and the problem probably is elsewhere. Try cleaning the throttle body and see if that helps.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock