Outdoor storage & rodent control by V8Steve
Started on: 04-20-2008 08:23 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Intel on 04-21-2008 10:55 AM
V8Steve

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2008 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for V8SteveClick Here to visit V8Steve's HomePageSend a Private Message to V8SteveDirect Link to This Post
My 88GT ZZ4 has been out of commission since July 07 ( https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/084063.html) and in indoor storage ever since. Now I need the space for other projects but we live in a wooded area and it's always a problem with mice getting into the vehicles under the hood, in the heatiing system, ...everywhere. Does anyone have a good solution for keeping these pests out of the car?

I'm thinking about putting it on four jackstands with inverted plastic buckets or something on top of each jackstand ( like the squirrel barriers on pole mounted bird feeders).

The car will have a cover on it but we are surrounded by woods and stonewalls and rodents.

Any help will be appreciated!

------------------
88GT ZZ4 Sequential EFI www.bigstuff3.com - 275 RWHP Dyno'd,
anderson@gdsconsulting.com
www.gdsconsulting.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fierostarvin

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2008 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierostarvinSend a Private Message to FierostarvinDirect Link to This Post
I use dryer sheets and flea collars in my MH over the winter. just toss dryer sheets in places they could get in, take flea collars and stretch them to activate them cut them in pieces about 1" long and toss them around.
projectformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2008 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for projectformulaSend a Private Message to projectformulaDirect Link to This Post
Try dryer sheets, the guy I work with puts them in his 70' chevelle and 68' mustang when he stores them in the winter. He swears the mice stay away, plus your car will smell good and be static free Lol.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2008 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
Look up "car bag" www.hvaa.com (I think) . Not sure if it will stand up to outside use but we are an inventive bunch. OR you may check with a boat storage facility. They should be able to recommend the material to safely "wrap" your vehicle like they do boats in the off-season!

[This message has been edited by steve308 (edited 04-20-2008).]

Intel

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2008 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IntelSend a Private Message to IntelDirect Link to This Post

I'm thinking about putting it on four jackstands with inverted plastic buckets or something on top of each jackstand ( like the squirrel barriers on pole mounted bird feeders).

I did something like this to a Buick GNX and it only took a few months then my plug wires and hood seal was all chewed up.
A farmer then told me that a mouse can jump up into the engine from the floor. My car was raised maybe 35-40 cm and I have later been told that a determined mouse can jump more than that.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock