Throwout bearing installation? by Sparx
Started on: 04-17-2008 11:06 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Sparx on 04-19-2008 05:03 PM
Sparx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2008 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SparxSend a Private Message to SparxDirect Link to This Post
I just got a Centerforce throwout bearing to put in my 4 spd for the engine swap. The problem Im looking at is which way does the bearing go in? It has an offset design which is round then comes to a point on one side. Does that tip go towards the fork shaft or away from it and towards the open part of the case?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2008 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
From your discription sounds like the point is to keep the bearing sleeve from turning and should hit the fork fingers to stop it.
If this sounds right and it does touch the fingers thoughout the full travel of the fork then it would not make much difference which way you put it on as long as there is no interference from anything else.
Now this is said without seeing what it looks like.
Sparx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2008 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SparxSend a Private Message to SparxDirect Link to This Post
I figured it wouldnt make a difference. What you said seams about right, the ring piece that the fork slides into is oblong, almost egg shaped. I would agree and say it is just ment to stop the bearing from spinning

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock