Clutch problems by doug.s
Started on: 04-13-2008 04:26 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Tymsfiero on 04-13-2008 08:41 PM
doug.s

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2008 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doug.sClick Here to visit doug.s's HomePageSend a Private Message to doug.sDirect Link to This Post
I've had a 86 GT for 6 or 7 years and never had any problems with the clutch before. When I bought the car the former owner had just replaced the clutch. I parked the car for the winter and when I put it away last fall all was well. This spring I can't put the car in gear after is is started and the top 3/4 of the throw is mushy. I checked the fluid level and all is well there. I'm thinking either the master or slave has gone bad. I've seen in threads in the past that people have had issues with certain brands. Who makes the best master and slaves cylinders and does anyone know the part numbers?

Thanks Doug
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Robert 2

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2008 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post
Jack your car on the driver side maybe one foot , and take the bleeder off the slave , let the oil come out for maybe 10 minutes watching the level in the Master cylinder so it doesn't go underneath the low level .
That's gravity bleeding .after that just put the bleeder back on . And test trial the pedal .
Did that on mine last week or so .
Before i was doing this but only till i couldn't see the bubbles coming out the slave , but that was not enough , i've done it maybe 5-6 times and it was still coming back .
But since then no more problem
Worked good for me
Wish you good luck
That help getting the dirty oil out off the system .
doug.s

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2008 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doug.sClick Here to visit doug.s's HomePageSend a Private Message to doug.sDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I'll try that.

Doug
Tymsfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2008 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TymsfieroSend a Private Message to TymsfieroDirect Link to This Post
bleed the line, some air prob. got in the line as it sat over winter, thats wat happend to mine

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock