88 v6 exhaust (muffler) by bmaxbox
Started on: 04-12-2008 08:16 AM
Replies: 15
Last post by: sjmaye on 05-05-2008 04:39 AM
bmaxbox

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmaxboxSend a Private Message to bmaxboxDirect Link to This Post
I need to get a new muffler. My stock muffler has a hole in it and is making it a little loud. I'd like to keep it quiet. If i could, i would go quieter than stock. But i cant find a muffler anywhere.
So I need your help. I need a muffler. I don't want to spend allot either. Where can i get a muffler?

If i cant find a muffler like stock, I guess I'll get a louder one.. But i don't want to wake people up/or annoy the neighbors.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post
Walker 40094 will work
bmaxbox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmaxboxSend a Private Message to bmaxboxDirect Link to This Post
That has a 3" inlet. That would to big. And it might make it to long adding connectors.

Has anyone used this?
http://store.summitracing.c...216+115&autoview=sku
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmaxbox:

That has a 3" inlet. That would to big. And it might make it to long adding connectors.

Has anyone used this?
http://store.summitracing.c...216+115&autoview=sku

Haven't used it personally, but that's probably a freakin loud muffler.
Indiana_resto_guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bmaxbox:

QUOTE]

No, that is a dirct fit from the cat back. Use your own tips.

I know it says 85 & 86 but it fits all no problem. Use it all the time on my cars and I have a few.
http://www.walkerexhaust.co...austCouponScreen.asp

[This message has been edited by Indiana_resto_guy (edited 04-12-2008).]

Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
Here's the Walker exhaust:
http://www.partsamerica.com...&MfrPartNumber=40094

[This message has been edited by Xanth (edited 04-12-2008).]

Indiana_resto_guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xanth:

http://www.partsamerica.com...MfrPartNumber=241093

If I can still get those from my supplier I believe They are cheaper. I can check if you like (life time)

[This message has been edited by Indiana_resto_guy (edited 04-12-2008).]

bmaxbox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmaxboxSend a Private Message to bmaxboxDirect Link to This Post
All i really want is a muffler. Non expensive one.. I can connect where my stock one goes.
Indiana_resto_guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmaxbox:

All i really want is a muffler. Non expensive one.. I can connect where my stock one goes.

Good luck. You might want to check out spintec (sp?) to see if they may make a replacement.
Check out your local muffler shop, sometimes There is a supplier for just the muffler. Problem is you won't be able to hang it correctly as the stock one is suspended by a three spring system.
terr5178

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2008 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for terr5178Send a Private Message to terr5178Direct Link to This Post
I went to the local junk yards in nyc where there are alot of low budget muffler shops. I chose the flowmaster for the late 80's camaro. It need to be filler welded at the inlet and outlet because the original pipes were a different size than the muffler but it sounds great. Im sure they have something quieter than what i got but it only cost me 150 for the entire job and muffler.
uhlanstan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post04-13-2008 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
Just cut your old muffler out and take it to parts store and get closest muffler they have to fit you may have to buy adaptor..I drill holes in the clamps to hook the springs into .. the springs are the pain in the buttocks you have to drop the whole system and cut or hack saw muffler to separate from frame .buy a 2 pack of hack saw blades.. when you cut ,cut as close to muffler as you can get to keep pipe as long as possible ..file or grind down welds so you have as round a pipe as possible to attach to .. first mount cat to muffler pipe.. last mount muffler to exit if you must weld mark pipe to muffler in 3 places.. If you have led a pure exemplerary life they will have a muffler that fits perfectly over the cat to muffler pipe and inside the exit,, I did not lead exemplerary life ..

You can separate spring clamps from muffler and reatach but you better be an experienced welder to prevent damage to muffler

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 04-13-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
sjmaye

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2008 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xanth:

Is this the same as the OEM style sold by the FieroStore? It has the hooks for the springs?
Indiana_resto_guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2008 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sjmaye:

Is this the same as the OEM style sold by the FieroStore? It has the hooks for the springs?

I don't know if it the same manufacture or not but yes same style. It (walker) has the spring hangers and also has a lifetime guarentee that the fiero store doesn't mention for their part. I use walker products on a regular basis and am very pleased with the product.
I also have a fleet of fieros running and driving.
sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2008 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
I see there is a $50 rebate on the Walker 40094. I wanted to buy from FS. Their price is about the same, but shipping is way lower. I wrote tem to see if it is, in fct, the Walker 40094.
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2008 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
If you go down to your local Pep Boys or other parts place, you can pick up a stock Firebird or Camaro muffler that will fit. Walker makes one, and some other makes.

I don't think it is worth ordering something and paying shipping when you can pick it up locally.

Arn
sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2008 04:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
You mean a stock firebird muffler will have all the correct bends and spring mounts the same as a Fiero?

Shipping is not too bad from the FS.

[This message has been edited by sjmaye (edited 05-05-2008).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock