Performance rebuild by ps2racerman
Started on: 04-08-2008 09:38 PM
Replies: 1
Last post by: slinger on 04-08-2008 10:09 PM
ps2racerman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2008 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ps2racermanSend a Private Message to ps2racermanDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone, i just recently sheared my timing gears on my 87 fiero with the iron duke. so i was reasearching and the easiest way to replace them is pull the motor basically. so instead it has 170,500 miles on the motor and has massive Blow-By, like so bad a half quart of oil is in the air cleaner housing after a week. so im doing a rebuild but i want to do a performance rebuild. am i going to be able to bore and stroke the stock block and find pistons and rings and crank and cam to make all this possible. also if not is a 3800 supercharged from a grand prix gtp a direct swap and if so whats all needed to do so. such as ecm, fuel pump, and other parts. thanks any help would be awesome.

------------------
1987 pontiac fiero sport - short throw shifter, Ram heavy duty clutch, cat delete, 50 year old glasspack muffler.
1996 Formula Firebird (LT-1 V-8)- magnaflow cat back, moroso cold air kit, B&M electronic shift improver, stock wheels powdercoated Gloss Black

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
slinger

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2008 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slingerSend a Private Message to slingerDirect Link to This Post
the duke is a week motor, some guys here have built them for power but im not sure it lasted long.

3800sc is the way to go, all you need is mounts ECM fuel pump and wire it up. and there cheep!

darkhorizon or one of them guys might chime in as they know alot more then i do.

[This message has been edited by slinger (edited 04-08-2008).]

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock