spec stage 4??? by rcp builders
Started on: 03-26-2008 10:44 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: stickpony on 03-28-2008 08:08 PM
rcp builders

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersDirect Link to This Post
any1 using and like it? Alex4mula u still like yours? I have 4spd attached to a sbc
350 hp 390 ftlb there will be more sooner rather than later lol. i like the idea of the unsprung disc
drivability an issue but performance is main concern. so all who know please let me know thnx Ray
P.S on a side note just wanted to give a shout out to rodney dickman to say my parts arrived today weds. got to
get them at post office but very fast & good experience
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
I love it. Like I said before I don't feel any difference between this and others I have run. No chatter, grabs quickly and more important it holds. Go for it
RichLo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLoSend a Private Message to RichLoDirect Link to This Post
spec stg 4 is what Im going with with my new engine. Only clutch within a reasonable price that should hold the power

Im going to have solid mounted engine, tranny, cradle, rear suspension bushings, and a springless hub clutch. shes going to be a pretty solid car!

------------------
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT
418ci 'Mini-Rat' motor
dual stage nitrous injected
built 5-speed getrag

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
You would probably be better off with the 3+
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

You would probably be better off with the 3+

Have seen too many of them come apart at the hub. I will also be going to a solid hub for my next clutch.
arte444

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Direct Link to This Post
My Stage 4 is doing good. Started with stage 3 or 3+ (dont remember) with springs and it had partial blame in why the clutch failed. Now with a different transmission and stage 4 (no springs) its doing good. You have to drop the clutch wherever you go but thats okay with me.

------------------
-Kyle
Email: kakagiraffe@gmail.com
Aim: Littlechugger
1988 Notchback 4.9 V8, 5spd Isuzu, Spec Stage 4
True Dual Exhaust, Delta Cam
1993 Ford Probe 2.slow 5spd
1996 Grand Am 3100
2001 Honda CBR 600 F4i

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by arte444:

... You have to drop the clutch wherever you go but thats okay with me.

I'm not experiencing that. Mine works like any other clutch. You release it slowly and it goes. But it grabs quicker. You release it quick and it just grabs hard.
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersDirect Link to This Post
thnx every1 for the replies i'mlooking forward to the new clutch. Are all the stage fours solid material or is there 4 & 6 puck?
where is every1 buying from, going directly through spec?
Fiero Owner

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerDirect Link to This Post
I just ordered a stage 3+ last week, I hope it holds up fine for my 3800SC. I ordered directly from Spec and got a bit of a deal because I bought the clutch and the 3800SC aluminum swap flywheel together, mind you it still wasn't cheap.
RichLo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLoSend a Private Message to RichLoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rcp builders:

thnx every1 for the replies i'mlooking forward to the new clutch. Are all the stage fours solid material or is there 4 & 6 puck?
where is every1 buying from, going directly through spec?

stg 4s are exactly the same as 3s except they have a springless hub. you can get 4s in either 4 or 6 puck. the stage 5 is full face.

------------------
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT
418ci 'Mini-Rat' motor
dual stage nitrous injected
built 5-speed getrag

Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
If you ask for it, you can get a "Stage 4+", which is the full face stage 3+ disk (slower engagement, better drivability, better wear, more torque capacity), but with a solid hub disk. That is what I got...we will see how it feels this summer!

------------------

More info at: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043357.html

PFF
System Bot
stickpony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2008 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stickponyClick Here to visit stickpony's HomePageSend a Private Message to stickponyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RichLo:

stg 4s are exactly the same as 3s except they have a springless hub. you can get 4s in either 4 or 6 puck. the stage 5 is full face.

you can get the stage 4 in full face as well.. it is more streetable than the 4 or 6 puck

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock