performance intake upgrade $35.00 by 3.6lvvt6spdgt
Started on: 03-23-2008 05:22 AM
Replies: 11
Last post by: Pyrthian on 03-28-2008 10:36 AM
3.6lvvt6spdgt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 05:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtDirect Link to This Post
I JUST WANT A SET FOR MYSELF

ok so here is my idea, if any one wants to steel this i only request that they send me a set.
i want 1" spacers to go between the upper and middle intake manifold, to round out the raioudous. you could just use the manifold as a template and cut it out of 1" flat stock and sell them for $30.00 bucks a set and $5.00 for extra long hardware.
if any one wants to sell this product i dont have a problem with it, i think this will help with the NA flow,

I JUST WANT A SET FOR MYSELF

[This message has been edited by 3.6lvvt6spdgt (edited 03-23-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 05:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Making the radii rounder can make the air flow easier, But lengthening the runner length reduces flow a little at the high rpm range.
What it will do is to increase low end torque and cut back on high rpm power.

------------------

Happiness isn't around the corner...
Happiness IS the corner.

ZZ4 Powered !!

Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
That would be amazingly easy to make, but the Fiero isn't really lacking in torque. Just be hurting yourself where the Fiero hurts most.
RKB75

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RKB75Send a Private Message to RKB75Direct Link to This Post
Larry Johnson from cedar rapids Iowa made something like you described, about 3-4 years ago, I don't know if he still has them or not, he was talking about producing them but I guess he never got around to it. I lost the pictures that I had of them.
merlot566jka

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for merlot566jkaSend a Private Message to merlot566jkaDirect Link to This Post
its been posted on here before, there are pics somewhere.

i improved airflow by over 60% for $150...3500 swap

[This message has been edited by merlot566jka (edited 03-23-2008).]

timgray

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayDirect Link to This Post
I got set here for mine. I paid a local machine shop $78.00 to make them but they are perfect from a C&C machine out of billet aluminum.

I can get you a set made, I will haveto check the price as Aluminum went up in price from last year. you will not get them made for $30.00... not a chance.
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RKB75:

Larry Johnson from cedar rapids Iowa made something like you described, about 3-4 years ago

Was he at Fierorama like 4yrs ago selling them?

I swear I seen these things there, and they were polished with Fiero or something similair engraved on the sides. Looked real sharp, but I havent seen them since. Maybe Im going crazy?
murrrey

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2008 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for murrreySend a Private Message to murrreyDirect Link to This Post
cheetah manufacturing, cheetahonline .com
rjblaze

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2008 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

Making the radii rounder can make the air flow easier, But lengthening the runner length reduces flow a little at the high rpm range.
What it will do is to increase low end torque and cut back on high rpm power.

HMMMMM......I wonder how it would work with the "272" cam wich is geared for higher rpm power?
Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2008 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2008 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Your idea may help some but overall the Fiero intake is fairly restrictive. Take a look at the flow areas near the top and around the injector bosses. Some serious porting is necessary there.

------------------
87GT - with 3800SC Series III engine, 4T65eHD
87GT - 3.4L Turbocharged engine, modified TH125H
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2008 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mister:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/069539.html

YUP

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock