Started on: 03-22-2008 06:50 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Marvin McInnis on 03-23-2008 06:13 PM
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
The air from my A/C vents is not cold, but I touched the accumulator/dryer and it is cold as ice. Volume seems OK, just temp is messed up. My thought is that if the accumulator is cold, the evaporator in the heater box MUST also be ice cold. THEN the only place to look is the damper door that swings between the evaporator and the heater core.

Anyone have any thoughts on this ? Does this sound about right ?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
That sounds right to me.
Marvin McInnis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post
Have you by chance added any refrigerant lately? A flooded evaporator, resulting from overcharging, could cause the symptoms you describe.

Does the temperature control lever actually cause any change in outlet temperature? If so, then the mixer door is probably working properly.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
yep, the lever changes the temp to Very hot when all the way over to the right. When I started this post, I had the control on MAX. When I went to the store tonight, I switched it to Bi-Level and the air seemed to get nice and cold (?!).

Where is the intake for the system when you switch to MAX ? I think this setting just moves a damper door to block off outside air from coming in and recirc the cabin air (?) - maybe the intake inside the cabin is blocked (?)

Also, the air ventillation behind the seats (in the B pillars) is completely blocked off. I wonder if this is part of the problem ?

Hmmmm ... i wonder if the system is overcharged - good thought .....

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 03-23-2008).]

Marvin McInnis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

... I switched it to Bi-Level and the air seemed to get nice and cold (?!).

If it cools properly with any combination of control settings, then the refrigerant system itself is probably working correctly. You need to focus on the air distribution system and controls.

It probably wouldn't hurt to remove the blower motor and clean the evaporator, but I doubt that's your problem.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 03-23-2008).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock