fiero dies... by Foxy Fiero13
Started on: 03-21-2008 12:36 AM
Replies: 8
Last post by: Foxy Fiero13 on 03-23-2008 06:22 PM
Foxy Fiero13

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Direct Link to This Post
ok so this happens alot to me and i dont know why ill get in my car start it up let it sit for a min then go to pull away get down the street and to the stop sign get rdy to go then my car dies? its a automatic so im not stalling it any questions

------------------
1987 Fiero GT (slightly modded)
~!Foxy Fiero!~

Aim: Foxy Fiero13

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately it could be many things. Did this just start happening lately? Have you had any work done on the car lately? When is the last time you had a tune up? Try to give us as much information as you can. It's probably something simple but no one wants to spend money needlessly.
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Direct Link to This Post
i just did a tune up on it this past week. i still need to change my fuel filter. but i havn't driven it in a few days cuz it was shooting out anti-freeze out the water pump. and what not

------------------
~!Foxy Fiero!~

Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
From your discription it does not sound like a TCC problem.
You didn't say for sure when the problem started. Before or after you did the turn up.
Have you checked fuel pressure?
Do you have Winaldl to take a log with?
Have you tried to pull any codes?

Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Direct Link to This Post
opps my bad its happened a few times here and there its just turned on the engine light so i took it in but i belive it sould be fixxed now cuz i just had my car looked at so when i get it back on tuesday we will find out for sure

------------------
~!Foxy Fiero!~

uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post03-22-2008 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
Did it cut off before the tune up?? if not of course you now check all things touched by the tune up,, the IAC could be clogged and a simple spray clean with injector or carb cleaner could improve running ..what are symtoms beside dies or cuts out at take off,,Was the timing set with a light ?? do you do your own work?? check manual for proper check of trouble codes.. read forum post to familarize your selve with basic procedures for a fiero,,THIS will save you money these are older cars and demand more mantenence than a 10 year old car and if you are knowledgeable about the fiero it will increase your pleasure at owning the car.. I presume from the name you are a girl and more lady fiero ownership should be encouraged

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 03-22-2008).]

Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Direct Link to This Post
for one im not a girl and it did it before i did my tune up and i havnt gotten my car back yet to know if it still is doing it i just had my water pump replaced and they still have my car

------------------
~!Foxy Fiero!~

uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2008 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
MY MOST HUMBLE APOLOGY FOR MAKING SUCH A BAD ASSUMPTION
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Direct Link to This Post
no problem my gf gave the car the name and now i just use it for forums and stuff like that

------------------
~!Foxy Fiero!~

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock