beefing up my 3.8 by newcoolcat
Started on: 03-09-2008 06:33 PM
Replies: 1
Last post by: darkhorizon on 03-09-2008 09:08 PM
newcoolcat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2008 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newcoolcatClick Here to visit newcoolcat's HomePageSend a Private Message to newcoolcatDirect Link to This Post
before i put my 3.8 in i want to add some kind of forced induction. I was going to go with zzperformance's L36-L67 conversion, but then i started adding all the other stuff you had to buy up and its almost as expensive as a turbo. on the other hand zzp's turbos are going to be giving me the wrong y pipes and such. so what is cheaper, turbo or sc? where do i purchase?

Edit: my 3.8 is from a 97 firebird, which, from what i hear, is identical to every other 97 3.8 out there.

[This message has been edited by newcoolcat (edited 03-09-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2008 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
I would just junkyard a "blown" 3800SC motor, or look around for all of the blower stuff.

You can go turbo for fairly cheap, but the compression ratio is not going to help you if you go through the effort to put a turbo on, the money you spend on the l36, you could get a L67 block and make alot more power.
IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock