gauge question by dezzys88GT
Started on: 03-06-2008 10:29 AM
Replies: 6
Last post by: PaulJK on 03-08-2008 11:06 PM
dezzys88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dezzys88GTSend a Private Message to dezzys88GTDirect Link to This Post
hey guys,

so i was browsing ebay looking for random parts for my 88GT and i came upon this gauge set:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/84-85-86...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

does anyone know if these will match and work in the 88GTs? has anyone used these before?? or know of any other sites that would offer a better product or one that would work? i dont want to go with a digital dash yet bc im still trying to keep it looking stock for the most part.

thanks,
desi

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pswayne

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pswayneSend a Private Message to pswayneDirect Link to This Post
They will work on an 88 GT, or any car with back-lit gauges and a 120 MPH speedometer (any 86 or later GT or a Formula).
FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
BUT- find out if the have MATCHING faces for the center auxillary gauges before you buy! Unless you want to have black factory faces on your oil pressure and battery gauges still.
dezzys88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dezzys88GTSend a Private Message to dezzys88GTDirect Link to This Post
good point. thanks!

desi
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
The tricky part about changing the face plates is getting the needles back on in the right positions so the readings are correct. If you do a SEARCH, there is much info and hints on doing this project.
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post
Hey desi

I had similar ones and they worked ok. They really looked great. I'm told these http://www.speedhut.com/cus...-auto_number-251.htm
are the best of the best for that sort of thing

Dave
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
i've had the SpeedHut and they are OK, but they will NOT let you buy a single face piece if you mess one up. I wanted to buy another aux guage face and they would only sell me another complete set.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock