3800 SCII Mufler Choice by oldfiero
Started on: 03-02-2008 08:49 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: ohio86se on 03-02-2008 07:34 PM
oldfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2008 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for oldfieroSend a Private Message to oldfieroDirect Link to This Post
Guys, still working on my 3800 swap on the 85 notche, now comes the exhaust... Looking for experience on a QUIET muffler for a stock 3800 SCII setup. Opinions before I go shopping?

Tom
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2008 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
I use a Magnaflor muffler on most of my swaps it is fairly reasonable volume wise at normal driving but does get loud under heavy throttle and does fit with the trunk still intact, it is tight but does fit. It is Magnaflow part # 12158. Dan

------------------

Signature compliments of F-I-E-R-O
2003 3800SC series II powered
www.photosled.com/showgallery.php/cat/631
www.photosled.com/showgallery/cat/1583

TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2008 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
Will Spintech still shorten the 331SC (I think)? They shortened mine and it fit perfect. It was plenty quiet (and I like really quiet).
Team Race-Tech

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2008 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
I you use a converter with the exhaust system your going to build, it will help to keep some of the noise down. All my 3800 swaps I use either 1 3" converter and two resonator mufflers, or two 3" converters and two resonator tips, but this second app. is a louder.
oldfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2008 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for oldfieroSend a Private Message to oldfieroDirect Link to This Post
OK, thanks guys, I went muffler shopping this afternoon and well still looking around. What do you think of the Dynomax? What is the longest muffler I will be able to fit in? Seems that the stock Fiero unit is about 12" and the camaro units are 24 overall. Will they fit in? What I was thinking was muffler, no cat and resonators on both pipes, not tip resonators but about 12" back. I put one on my stock 2.8 and it really helped to reduce cabin resonance.

Dan, thanks for the part number on the Magnaflow, I'll look it up. And I did follow your thread on my wireharness build!

Tom
ohio86se

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2008 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
I have the 331sc Spintech. Fits good and the sound at highway speed is comfortable.

here is their size chart for the split case style

http://www.spintechmufflers...ch/spintechindex.asp

------------------

" DRIVE IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT"

[This message has been edited by ohio86se (edited 03-02-2008).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay