Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  3800, what muffler sounds decent (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
3800, what muffler sounds decent by Jrgicehc
Started on: 02-21-2008 07:03 PM
Replies: 46
Last post by: Fieronum6 on 03-11-2008 12:13 PM
uhlanstan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post03-08-2008 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
Jrgicehc swungeth the framing hammer and it hit home ringing like a 10 penney nail,, the aero chamber by hooker has a unique sound a deep thoaty sound is the description,, this is a muffler designed to have a great sound

This muffler burbles and babbles over with enthusiam,, this chamber box is a constant source of ear atation
I prefer the glass pac but this has a unique sound

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 03-08-2008).]

IP: Logged
JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2008 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartDirect Link to This Post
How quiet are the Flowmasters? I was thinking about going with one of these but I dont want it sounding like crap and I dont want it loud either.

Do resonator tips help the sound or quieten it down any?

Jrgicehc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
yea im gunna go with the hooker aero chamber, i like how it took out alot of the rasp in my friends LS1. i hope it does the same for my 3800
Billybo455

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Billybo455Send a Private Message to Billybo455Direct Link to This Post
sorry guys. i've been out of town for weeks. i've put off a lot things lately because of this damn job. i don't think you want to have a chamber muffler. the hooker and flowmasters don't sound to different on v8's. i would love to get a vid of my car going down the road. it's just almost impossible at the moment. at the end of april i'm supposed to be going to chicago for 8 months. i'm trying though guys!
Winkie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jrgicehc:

yea im gunna go with the hooker aero chamber, i like how it took out alot of the rasp in my friends LS1. i hope it does the same for my 3800

I am considering this also. I saw some vids on youtube of some grand prixs with them. It sounds pretty decent IMO.

Ryan
Jrgicehc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Winkie:

I am considering this also. I saw some vids on youtube of some grand prixs with them. It sounds pretty decent IMO.

Ryan

i will take a video of it when i get it all set, it should be done with an exhaust on it within the month
Fieronum6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fieronum6Send a Private Message to Fieronum6Direct Link to This Post
the best sounding setup ive heard was a raven muff with a hushpower glasspack where the cat used to be. car sounded verry euro
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock