ttops in 84 is that an indy thing by seegeer
Started on: 02-10-2008 11:46 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: jscott1 on 02-12-2008 12:37 AM
seegeer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seegeerSend a Private Message to seegeerDirect Link to This Post
i came across a an 84 fiero with ttops is that something special with just indy's or was that just an regular option
thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
In 84 thats aftermarket
seegeer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2008 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seegeerSend a Private Message to seegeerDirect Link to This Post
the guy is claiming that its an 84 with ttops??? im awaiting an email to get the vin to verify year
thanks
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2008 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Fieros were only available with dealer ordered T-tops in 88. Aftermarket kits were available before that. The 88's arent really "factory" either, but they were GM sanctioned.

Pre 88 t-tops are not uncommon (relatively speaking), but they are just as good if installed properly.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2008 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Cars and Concepts were marketing T-tops to anybody that would buy them. It's not exactly aftermarket, because the T-tops that you find installed in 84 to 87 Fieros by C&C are nearly identical to the ones that were ordered from the dealers. That's because the dealers had the cars stop off at C&C in Brighton Michigan to have the tops installed before they got to the dealership, (Option code "CJB").

As recently as a few years ago there were brand new kits you could buy to have installed in any Fiero. In fact, I would bet the rent that there are still brand new kits squirelled away by members of this forum. Every now and again one pops up for sale. It's estimate that 2,000 to 4,000 kits were sold.

So it's not an Indy thing at all. T-tops can be found in any year Fiero, but there were only 1252 with the "CJB" option code making them more rare.
seegeer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2008 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seegeerSend a Private Message to seegeerDirect Link to This Post
awesome, thanks for the information, i guess i am going to buy the car, it needs alittle work but i have all the parts, where would this code be on the ttops
thanks
spence
SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2008 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post
If it's an 84 Fiero, it won't have the RPO code (on the sticker under the front hood, left wheel well) CJB. Only Fieros ordered new from the dealer in 1988 will have the RPO for t-tops.

All t-top Fieros have aftermarket t-tops from C&C, even the 88 CJB cars. The only difference is the 1988 seals are slightly different.
Fierology

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2008 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierologySend a Private Message to FierologyDirect Link to This Post
Now, don't T-tops cut way down on rigidity? No bubble-burstin' intended; I wanna know if I'm wrong.

-Michael

------------------
"A guy know's he's in love when he loses interest in his car for a few days." -Tim Allen

Saturday 23, first annual F.I.E.R.O. MD/VA/DC!

Check out my restoration!

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2008 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierology:

Now, don't T-tops cut way down on rigidity? No bubble-burstin' intended; I wanna know if I'm wrong.

-Michael

Some people say that it does, but it's hard to say. I did notice more squeaks in my car after the t-tops went in, but there were plenty before that. Unless I was auto crossing I wouldn't worry about it.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock