3.4L manual by Majin
Started on: 02-10-2008 01:46 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Majin on 02-11-2008 04:34 AM
Majin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MajinSend a Private Message to MajinDirect Link to This Post
Im looking to get a 3.4L manual for my 86 GT.As i re-call you usually get the engine from a 93-95 camero. also, I really dont know where to look and how to get it started if someone could help me look for one around my area so i could pick it up it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

------------------

1986 Fiero GT 2.8L

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post
This site might be helpful...just load up your information and it gives you a list. I like to set it up to list the closest ones first. You can search by state or region. I hear 3.4s are gettign harder to find. I hope it helps.

http://car-part.com/

------------------

mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
3.4ls with low mileage are hard to find now it seems at least in my area they are. I looked for quite a while and didnt find much under 70k. You can buy one new from GM thats supposed to be for an s10 but its the same motor.
project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Majin:
As i re-call you usually get the engine from a 93-95 camero.

Yes, you've correctly identified one source, but to make your search easier, be aware that pushrod 3.4L V6 engines are available not just in the 1993 through 1995 Camaros that had them, but also in the 1993 through 1995 Firebirds that had them. Additional sources for the 3.4L block and crank are the pushrod 3.4L V6 crate engines offered not only by GM, but by other firms as well.

With any of the options mentioned above, you can transfer most of the exterior engine parts from your 2.8L Fiero engine to the 3.4L, but you'll need to change the location for the starter from where it is on the 3.4L block to the block's other side. It's not as big a deal to do this as it may sound to some, and on his website ( http://www.rodneydickman.com ), Rodney Dickman offers a virtually foolproof kit to help you accomplish just that.
3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtDirect Link to This Post
get a remaned 3.4l from ATK in california good engines good price
thats what i did check my build https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/087040.html
you can find ATK easy just type ATK Engines in the search bar on your browser and call them and order
Majin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2008 04:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MajinSend a Private Message to MajinDirect Link to This Post
even you guys can find me on over 70k its ok

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock