Started on: 01-24-2008 08:34 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 01-25-2008 05:25 PM
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
asked this in the gen forum too. I found pictures of a nice black Fiero with the split gril un-split. He removed the vert strut. I think Im going to do that my 87GT (see 87GT build) and was wondering if anyone has pictures of GTs with same treatment?

------------------
[IMG]

Trueleo.com/fiero.htm
RSpiderII@aol.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Will an SE suffice?

That photo was taken back when I had the Kris Munson headlights. And BTW, the driving lamps are Hella Optilux model 1300.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
yes, looks good. Dont know how that was done (is that one of Fieros?), anyway, I plan to put something across the inside back of the lower lip after I cut out the strut and then fill the whole area with spray foam to make it stronger. And I'll add something on the underside to support road lamps, think I'll go with rectangle lamps. Thanks for the picture.

------------------
[IMG]

Trueleo.com/fiero.htm
RSpiderII@aol.com

onfire

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onfireSend a Private Message to onfireDirect Link to This Post
Just a few pictures I found.

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Francis T:

yes, looks good. Dont know how that was done (is that one of Fieros?), anyway, I plan to put something across the inside back of the lower lip after I cut out the strut and then fill the whole area with spray foam to make it stronger.

I measured a certain distance back from the edge of the opening, and cut it out with a jigsaw. The area around the opening is reinforced with fiberglass. The driving lamps attach to the bottom of the front bumper.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Thnaks for pics. I'm going to keep it the orig depth and just put a filler piece in there, I have some old body panels etc I saved for such things. BTW: that stuff cuts like butter with a cutoff disk for metal in an airtool or I guss in any drill, Whne we get few warm days I'll go at it.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Just to clarify, when I said the driving lights were attached to the bumper, I meant the steel beam behind the fascia.

Have fun with your project.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
I have done this but dont have the bumper or any pictures, I just used a straight edge and a razor blade. Score a line and just keep at it with the blade untill it falls off, then just sand the edge smooth.
Easy with no mess to clean up.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock