4t80E axle swap Northstar by velcro
Started on: 01-21-2008 12:30 AM
Replies: 2
Last post by: AJxtcman on 01-21-2008 08:37 PM
velcro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2008 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for velcroSend a Private Message to velcroDirect Link to This Post
I am in the middle of a northstar swap. I have one quick question regarding the axles.
Ive tried using the Northstars tripods, but the splines are different than the fieros.
Any ideas on what will work ?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero STS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2008 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSDirect Link to This Post
You need to shorten the caddy axles 3/4 inch and swap fiero manual axle outers to the caddy axle. Do a search, I know there are some threads where it explains the procedure for doing these axles.
AJxtcman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2008 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
This is the way I built mine

Outer CV joints are stock Fiero

The Axle shafts are both the same They are from a Beretta or Grand Am V6 4spd auto trans. I think they are the left side but I am not positive. They are the shortest GM axle shafts ever used. Mine came from a 96 beretta and the other side came from A1 drive shaft.

The Tripod
The outer portion came from a 4T80E. I think they came out of a 97 Seville. They had square sliders instead of rollers
The inner tripod came from a 90 Deville. They again were slider type. This fits the Beretta shaft.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock