cup holder by BJR
Started on: 10-24-2007 08:56 AM
Replies: 21
Last post by: Fieromaniac on 02-25-2008 07:52 AM
BJR

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2007 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BJRSend a Private Message to BJRDirect Link to This Post
Having just spilled my morning coffee inside my stock 85 GT got me wondering. What does everyone use for cup holders in their Fiero's? Mine is a stock 85 GT with a 4 speed and electric windows and mirrors, so there is not much flat space available. So can anyone post some pictures of how you solved this problem. Thanks Brian
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2007 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I got these.
I don`t have pics of them mounted but I put them right under the door handle panel.
They fold up out of the way when not in use.
They do get in the way a little of your left leg, but I have an automatic so I`m not sure how they would be with a manual.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2007 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Where did you get them?

I have been thinking of making something that goes on top of the center vents.
uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post10-24-2007 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
Walmart and auto parts stores have what is called a wedgie it fits between the console and seat the pressure holds it tight,removable. neat idea when no passenger..console mounted cup holder in the way for manual,only good location mounted to dash
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2007 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I ordered mine through e-bay but they came from here.
www.scottlandyardspares.com

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 10-24-2007).]

dozol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2007 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post
cool, just ordered a navy blue pair.

thanks for the link

dominik
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2007 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
No problem
I just noticed on their website they have adapters to go from 4 x 10 to 6 x 9 speakers. I don`t have my stock dash anymore but isn`t that what the front speakers are on a stock dash?
Winkie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2007 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieDirect Link to This Post
TXGOOD you got any pics of it installed. I'm curious.

------------------

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2007 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I`ll take a couple tonight, but my door panels are not stock and after seeing some shots of stock door panels, you couldn`t put the holder right under the door handle but it would be just a bit lower under that lip where the carpet starts. I usually drive with my left leg leaning up against the door, but when the holder is down I still have room, I just have to keep my leg a little straighter, but when the alternative is trying to hold a drink between your legs I don`t mind a little less room.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2007 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Here ya are Winkie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2007 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
What did you use for a storage compartment (below the cup holder). I don't have any.
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2007 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I got those storage pockets from JC Whitney.
There`s another possibility if you don`t want the fold down cup holder.
They also sell the same storage pocket with a cup holder holder built in I just wanted something that could be folded up out of the way.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 10-25-2007).]

Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2007 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

Has anyone installed the storage pocket/cup holder that TXGOOD mentioned? If so, do you have any photos?

Cajun
KaijuSenso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2007 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoDirect Link to This Post
has anyone tried those "hi-rizer" cup holders advertised at the top of the forum? I just checked my favorites and the link seems to have been taken down...
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2007 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Direct Link to This Post
Yes, I bought a hi rizer and it works great. It took a while to get the holder, then they sent me a single cup holder and a double cup holder. They were also to send me an arm rest that slipped in place of the cup holder- never did receive that, although they had e-mailed me saying it has shipped.. Later, when I e-mailed asking about it, I never got a response. Then, recently noticed their website was gone. I would recommend it, if it is still being produced.
DPWood

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2007 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DPWoodClick Here to visit DPWood's HomePageSend a Private Message to DPWoodDirect Link to This Post
If you buy an x-tra large coffee it will fit snugly between the guage cluster and the dash. Some stainless/thermo cups fit there well too. If the lid is on securly you could rally race and not spill a drop.

David

------------------
His Fiero: 1984 2M4 Coupe

Her Fiero: 1984 2M4 Convertible

centervilledon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for centervilledonSend a Private Message to centervilledonDirect Link to This Post
Here is a picture of my coffeecup / popcan holder. It is made of plexiglas and wood dowels It is held on with velcr discs stacked up so it won't wobble. It could be made of a good quality 1/4" plywood as well. Take a look. http://img249.imageshack.us...erocupholdersvl4.jpg Don
tjm4fun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 141
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tjm4funSend a Private Message to tjm4funDirect Link to This Post
the flipdown holders can be gotten at most marine r/v sotres. some chain auto places also have them.
I saw those wedgie holders at walmart that Ulhanstan mentioned, they look like a nice solution, no mounting holes, easy to remove, and have a couple colors.
they look like this: http://store.scienceblog.co...dgie_Cup_Holder.html

Unfortunately, any top of the console mounts are useless for a manual car, as that space is usually occupied by your right arm.
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
I stuck those fold down cup holders on the side of the instrument surround. If you position it right you cup will be right in line with the A/C vent so as to keep your drink cool. Also put one on the side or the radio surround for the passenger
centervilledon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for centervilledonSend a Private Message to centervilledonDirect Link to This Post
My Fiero is an automatic. I hadn't thought of needing that room for shifting. But I think most Fiero's are automatic so it will work for most. I see that there are a lot of good ideas that will work. That's what I like about this forum, if you don't like one idea just keep reading and I'm sure you'll find something you like better I haven't actually used it yet because I don't drive the car in the winter salt so maybe I won't care for it myself. If so it will be easy to remove. Don
Khaos88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Khaos88GTSend a Private Message to Khaos88GTDirect Link to This Post
I could have sworn I saw a custom cup holder idea for the Fiero somewhere............maybe PISA? Hell I can't remember. I know a good, stable, efficient (as in looks stock and functions well, without getting in the way) design would be very useful. LMAO coffee I spilled chocolate instant breakfast in my passenger seat! That crap is thick!
PFF
System Bot
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacDirect Link to This Post
cupholder hold 2 normal MC Donalds coffee or one big

------------------
1984 Fiero Sport
1987 Fiero
1984 Fiero SE
1999 Chrysler Grand Voyager 3.3 LX LPG

*** nuclear winter cures global warming ***

[This message has been edited by Fieromaniac (edited 02-25-2008).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page