Started on: 09-09-2007 11:13 PM
Replies: 128
Last post by: ethan555 on 07-28-2008 03:36 AM
timgray

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierodeletre:

hmm, gears turning. So a T3/T4 hybrid is most desireable for a 3.4, I glean from the content of this (great ) thread, although the "trim" I'm not sure about. I looked on Ebay and there are a lot of turbos on there, men. I mean a LOT! They all say they're T3/T4s but have a lot of different brands on the snail shell part of the compressor housing. And they do't use exactly the same terms that have been used in discussing the A/R and the Trim, and such. I think I read that the .50 trim might be best for what I want to do with it, but would.63 be too much?

Ebay turbo = turbo that will break very soon. Remember you are spending $195.00 on something that would cost you $680.00 from Garrett. I will be trying one for very low boost. but I guarentee that as soon as you go above 10psi you will get failing seals and probably other issues that will kill it or your engine fast. do a search on the other car forums for ebay turbo. more " it killed my engine" posts than anything else. I would NOT spool one of those ebay turbos up hard.

Now you CAN test one, build a gas injector "turbine engine" out of pipe and have the exaust drive the intake air via one of those turbos, light it up give it gas and let it spin up to 100,000 rpm for 4-5 minutes. if it survives at that going way over normal temperatures, rpm and time then I'd trust it in my car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-spt7y1v6Y

for example.
IP: Logged
fierodeletre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2007 03:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodeletreSend a Private Message to fierodeletreDirect Link to This Post
Holy crap those guys are nuts!

------------------
1984 Fiero SE, White, first love, sold...
1986 Fiero SE 2M6, gold
1988 Fiero 2M4, the Fox
1987 Fiero GT, Blue, 3.4/4T40
Still looking for that perfect CJB 88 GT...

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2007 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post
Joseph Upson posted some very good pics in this thread that might give some ideas:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/087402.html
fierodeletre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2007 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodeletreSend a Private Message to fierodeletreDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timgray:

Ebay turbo = turbo that will break very soon. Remember you are spending $195.00 on something that would cost you $680.00 from Garrett. I will be trying one for very low boost. but I guarentee that as soon as you go above 10psi you will get failing seals and probably other issues that will kill it or your engine fast. do a search on the other car forums for ebay turbo. more " it killed my engine" posts than anything else. I would NOT spool one of those ebay turbos up hard.

Now you CAN test one, build a gas injector "turbine engine" out of pipe and have the exaust drive the intake air via one of those turbos, light it up give it gas and let it spin up to 100,000 rpm for 4-5 minutes. if it survives at that going way over normal temperatures, rpm and time then I'd trust it in my car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-spt7y1v6Y

for example.

Yeah I was looking morea t used Garretts to rebuild myself, but when you serach for T3/T4 you get a lot of cheap chinese crap, that's for sure. That's for the link, Hudini.
project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2008 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

Out of curiosity, whatever happened to the "Frankenplenum" intake manifold you'd had along with that turbocharged project you'd mentioned on the previous page? I thought I saw elsewhere on PFF that you'd recently gotten that engine to run well; did you?
ethan555

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2008 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ethan555Send a Private Message to ethan555Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SCCA FIERO:

I'd run 12 psi. It might not be a good idea, but I don't care. If it blows up, I'll build a better one like I did the last time it blew up. I just recently installed the intercooler and have not really driven it since.

does anyone else see that he's driving on the wrong side???
Firefighter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2008 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefighterSend a Private Message to FirefighterDirect Link to This Post
He's from Utah. I guess it doesn't matter with all those open highways out there.

------------------

fierogt17

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2008 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt17Send a Private Message to fierogt17Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ethan555:

does anyone else see that he's driving on the wrong side???

lol he is driving on the right side of the road, look on the left after the median there are two more lanes
ethan555

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2008 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ethan555Send a Private Message to ethan555Direct Link to This Post
hahahaha your right ha i feel stupid now

Originally posted by fierogt17:

lol he is driving on the right side of the road, look on the left after the median there are two more lanes

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock