4.9 Engine Stand Bolts by hysteria411
Started on: 02-03-2007 10:30 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Kento on 02-25-2008 11:07 AM
hysteria411

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2007 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hysteria411Send a Private Message to hysteria411Direct Link to This Post
Anyone know what size bolt I need to mount a cadillac 4.9 on an engine stand? I searched around but couldn't find anything
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Brian Lamberts

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian LambertsSend a Private Message to Brian LambertsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hysteria411:

Anyone know what size bolt I need to mount a cadillac 4.9 on an engine stand? I searched around but couldn't find anything

If you use an engine stand, best to build a support for the front of the engine, too. I broke off one of the trannie end bolt mounts working on mine--that aluminum is not very strong stuff.

You don't have any of the tranny mounting bolts? I believe it's 12mm, 125 pitch. Just get a 12 mm coarse thread and try it.
hysteria411

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hysteria411Send a Private Message to hysteria411Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. If anyone else searches for this subject, the size he suggested is correct and worked just fine in my block.
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Brian Lamberts:
If you use an engine stand, best to build a support for the front of the engine, too. I broke off one of the trannie end bolt mounts working on mine--that aluminum is not very strong stuff.

You don't have any of the tranny mounting bolts? I believe it's 12mm, 125 pitch. Just get a 12 mm coarse thread and try it.

Yes the aluminum is not very strong - however, I have never supported the front of my motor and never had any problems (one time it was on the stand for a tear down and rebuild). There must have been a problem with yours to start with (or the bolts you used were too long allowing the motor to move on the stand)
HarryG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HarryGSend a Private Message to HarryGDirect Link to This Post
The '91 Deville Shop Manual shows those bolts as M12 x 1.75 thread size.
Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post
I had my 4.9 on my engine stand for almost 18 months and never had an issue at all. I used the bolts that came with the motor

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock