Started on: 01-29-2007 08:03 PM
Replies: 17
Last post by: Back On Holiday on 09-05-2008 07:29 AM
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
This is how the Infinity components fit into the 4"x10" dash opening. 5.25" woofer and 1" tweeter

I've done up a template that can be used to cut out dash plates. I used 3/16" hardboard.

The file is in MS Word format and will print in proper scale on regular letter size paper.
DOWNLOAD the file from here: http://www.fierosound.com/speaker%20plate.doc

Let us know how this works out for you...

------------------

3.4L S/C 87 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003/2004 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 01-30-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
I want to do this but im a little incompetent on audio so how would you hook both of these speakers up on one channel? Thanks for the template.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by daniel87fierogt:

I want to do this but im a little incompetent on audio so how would you hook both of these speakers up on one channel? Thanks for the template.

Any component set will come with a passive crossover - 2 wires in, 4 wires out.
2 to the woofer, 2 to the tweeter. This is the Infinity KAPPA 50.7CS set I installed.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 01-29-2007).]

fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
Sitting around reading links and I decided to print out your template, I gotta say the time you put into this shows in the quality.

Very impressive, +4U.

Steve

------------------

Where will the road take you today?

Some helpful links I've done
How to remove inner door panels, with pics.
How to remove outer door panels, with pics.
How to make rear coil-overs using factory struts, with pics.
How to remove rear bearing hubs, with pics.
How to modify the stock Fiero radio for MP3 players, with pics.
How to come up with the right coolant hoses for that engine swap...With Pics.

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierohoho:

I gotta say the time you put into this shows in the quality. Very impressive, +4U.

Thanks. Cut one out of cardboard first. It gives you a good idea of how it fits in the dash. Have fun!
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2007 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
^^^
Knight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2007 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightSend a Private Message to KnightDirect Link to This Post
How does this sound compared to a quality 4x10 coaxial?
Also, how does a good 4x6 plate compare to a 4x6 coaxial?

thanks.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2007 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Knight:

thanks.

I had the same question. How do they compare to having Sony Xplod's (don't like the brand for speakers) or Pioneer 4"x10"? Or 4"x6"?

I'm assuming 2-way is needed to have a decent range and sound quality from the speakers.. Right?

-M
vortecfiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2007 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vortecfieroClick Here to visit vortecfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to vortecfieroDirect Link to This Post
Will a 6" or a 6 x 9 fit under this area in the dash with adapter plate holding it to the bottome of the dash ?

------------------

87 Fiero GT 5sp with Vortec L35 4300 Turbocharged V6
Bully Stage 2 clutch
Syclone intake manifold and engine management with Moates adapter and chip burner
Air/water intercooler and Devil's Own progressive water/alky injection
50lb injectors, 3 bar map sensor, Walboro fuel pump and Jabasco Intercooler pump
LM1 wideband on custom manifolds and 3" stainless exhaust system
T31/T04B S4 turbo with a Super T61 in the box
S10 caliper conversion.
Murphy's Constant Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value
Murphy's Law of Thermodynamics Things get worse under pressure.
Arthur C. Clarke "Any significantly advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

88FieroForm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2007 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroFormSend a Private Message to 88FieroFormDirect Link to This Post
Great job you did!!
++ for you

Justin
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Knight:

thanks.

I installed a set on Eclipse 4"x10" tri-axials first. Sounded pretty, good, but these Infinity's blow them out of the water. In general, a quality set of components will produce better, more accurate sound than a co-axial. A round woofer can play louder than an oval speaker with less distortion. Install components for the front and 4"x6" plates for the rear.

The 4"x6" plates will also fit better in the pillar because the space is quite shallow and larger magnets on a co-axial don't always fit (too deep). The space is deeper in the lower section of the pillar behind the speakers. Because the plate mounts the woofer off to one side, mounting the speaker in the pillar with the woofer in the lower side of the opening usually fits.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 04-03-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
helmet1978

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for helmet1978Click Here to visit helmet1978's HomePageSend a Private Message to helmet1978Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the template..nice job!

I did this a few years ago with a set of 4" Kappa components. At the time I had access to a laser cutter/engraver so I cut mine out of 1/8" plexiglas and did some decoration with paint and the laser:

You can probably find someone nearby that has one of these lasers that would cut out a pair for you for a reasonable price, especially nice if you compete in any stereo competitions.

~edit~ to add a shot of the 4x6 plates referred to in the thread:

------------------
http://www.raceme.cc/helmet/

[This message has been edited by helmet1978 (edited 04-03-2007).]

sjmaye

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2007 05:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
Perfect timing. Just what I needed. Thanks for the info!
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2007 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I feel an upgrade coming on!

Thanks!

------------------
Raydar
88 4.9 Formula IMSA Fasback..........................88 3.4 coupe -soon to be something other than red

Read Nealz Nuze! Praise the Lowered!

sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
Bump
sparx22

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2008 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sparx22Send a Private Message to sparx22Direct Link to This Post
Hi
I attempted to download and print the template and I am requested a "password"
Help appreciated
sparx22

Originally posted by fierosound:

This is how the Infinity components fit into the 4"x10" dash opening. 5.25" woofer and 1" tweeter

I've done up a template that can be used to cut out dash plates. I used 3/16" hardboard.

The file is in MS Word format and will print in proper scale on regular letter size paper.
DOWNLOAD the file from here: http://www.fierosound.com/speaker%20plate.doc

Let us know how this works out for you...

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2008 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sparx22:

Hi
I attempted to download and print the template and I am requested a "password"
Help appreciated
sparx22

There's no password attached to the file. Download from the link by "Right-Click - Save As" to save to your machine. After it's saved, opening it should bring in on screen in MicroSoft Word. Do you have MS Word protected?

Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2008 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

There's no password attached to the file. Download from the link by "Right-Click - Save As" to save to your machine. After it's saved, opening it should bring in on screen in MicroSoft Word. Do you have MS Word protected?

Can someone give this guy a + for the hard work and a good idea? - I already had him down for a +++ for the muffler suggestion for my 3800sc engine build

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock