Started on: 03-10-2005 07:46 PM
Replies: 161
Last post by: crzyone on 08-14-2008 06:16 PM
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2006 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Probably a good idea. And I bet this takes it to page 4.
IP: Logged
befarrer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2006 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for befarrerSend a Private Message to befarrerDirect Link to This Post
Looks like you are progressing pretty nicely, so I should see you this spring. You going to bring it through Westlock when you get it running? Oh, BTW, next time you are in town give me a ring.

------------------

84 Fiero Sport Coupe #1192 :: 86 Fiero Base Coupe Quad 4 :: 84 Chevette CS 4 Door

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2006 03:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
I could be done my swap in a week, but my car would be going nowhere fast... Mattm still owes me a set of shifter cables, shifter and slave. Its only been 5 or 6 months, I forget now. I imagine I'll have to buy those parts over again.

I'll be all over the province when my swap is done, I'll swing though Westlock

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Some progress.

befarrer came over and helped wire up my motor. Some modifications were needed on the chrfab wiring harness and we had to run the accessory wires such as VSS, fuel pump, starter etc.

Wiring in progress

Can you tell he is having fun?

More wires

And the end result
http://media.putfile.com/Start1326
http://media.putfile.com/Northstar2
http://media.putfile.com/Northstar67

Running on the base fuel map, lots of tuning to come. Very conservative timing and running rich. When I fit the cooling lines and fill with coolant I can let it warm up and turn on the self tuning function to set the fuel maps properly.

[This message has been edited by crzyone (edited 01-20-2008).]

befarrer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2006 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for befarrerSend a Private Message to befarrerDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like it should be a pretty fast car when it is all done. I look funny in that pic, sorta evil.
THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2006 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, but can you post another picture of what your clutch used to look like.

And what the new one looks like?

Thanks!
JG

Originally posted by crzyone:

I'm sure some of you remember Donk316 from before he was banned. We moved his Indy into my garage to do a 3.4dohc turbo install. Should be a fun project. Over the winter both of our cars will have completed engine swaps.

SPEC is sending me a new clutch with a proper center hub, can't really progress much until I get that. I was going to completely rewire the chrfab wiring harness, but I'll just end up moving some wires to make the computer more accessable. Mainly the altenator wire that keeps the computer conections so close to the motor. Also need to modify the fiero's wiring harness for the usual stuff such as starter and guages.

This is what my clutch looks like

This is what a proper clutch should look like (Thanks Aaron for the pic)

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2006 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
This is how its not supposed to look. It should be completely flat on this side and sticking out the backside.

THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2006 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTDirect Link to This Post
The center hub (small hole in the center) or the whole center/spring part of it?
crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2006 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Just the small center.
XzotikGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2006 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XzotikGTClick Here to visit XzotikGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to XzotikGTDirect Link to This Post
that thing sounds sick
THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2006 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!

JG

PFF
System Bot
boostedbird

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2006 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdDirect Link to This Post
damn that northstar sounds good.

------------------
86 SE 3.4 DOHC 4 speed....driven daily

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2006 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Thanks

When its all tuned and all exhaust leaks are sealed up (had 1 empty O2 sensor hole) it should sound even better. Need to finish up the cooling system so I can let it warm up enough to get some WBO2 sensor readings. Its running really rich.

Only thing I've done recently is change out the year old regular and put 5 gallons of premium in it. $18.50 for 5 gallons of premium

scorpion501

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2006 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scorpion501Send a Private Message to scorpion501Direct Link to This Post
You may have said it previously, but could you tell me the make, model and size of your mufflers. I would like to duplicate your setup. Thanks Ron
crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2006 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
I have no idea who makes them. I just went to the local muffler shop and asked for 2 mufflers with 2.5" inlets and outlets. I wanted full size mufflers to quiet it down a bit. I had a magnaflow muffler on my 3.4dohc and it was obnoxiously loud and raspy.

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2006 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2006 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations! Nice Ride.

JG
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
bump so I can bookmark

Bob

Cool build, btw...
1fastcaddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2007 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fastcaddySend a Private Message to 1fastcaddyDirect Link to This Post
finally got my northstar so I will be jumpin in soon. I will be modding my cradle like yours. You said you were solid mounting it, but then you said something about dodge mounts. Did you change your mind or was I mistaken? Thanks, Drew
1fastcaddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2007 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fastcaddySend a Private Message to 1fastcaddyDirect Link to This Post
bump
lovethemPF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lovethemPFSend a Private Message to lovethemPFDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a great job and thanks for the informative and entertaining thread. Your Fiero looks great but i have one request....MORE VIDEO if you have time. Show some take offs and high speed passes...we all drool over such media. ESPECIALLY those who cant exactly "live the dream" like me right now...haha. Also, i like that you used large muffler to quiet the engine a little. Thats exactly what i would do even if i lost a couple ponies. A nice smooth gutteral growl is more refined sounding in my opinion.
PFF
System Bot
crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
I have not checked this thread in a LONG time, thanks for keeping it alive.

I have a few vids, nothing special. The motor is still in the tuning stages. The Big Stuff 3 ecu has been anything but easy to work with. There were wiring mistakes on the harness and some things that should have been wired were not (WB02 sensor). The big issue was trying to get the car to rev over 3000 or so rpm. The base program that came with the BS3 was crap. Befarrer and his father have messed with the fuel and timing maps and finally got it to rev, I have not actually heard it yet in person but it must sound pretty good.

http://s96.photobucket.com/...current=MOV00016.flv
http://s33.photobucket.com/...rrent=LeviDecel2.flv
http://s33.photobucket.com/...urrent=LeviHill2.flv

Thats all I have as far as vids go. When summer comes I will take a few more.

Thanks

------------------

Buy a fiero, become a mechanic
3.4 dohc Install
Sub Install
Northstar Install

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post

crzyone

3571 posts
Member since Dec 2000

Originally posted by 1fastcaddy:

finally got my northstar so I will be jumpin in soon. I will be modding my cradle like yours. You said you were solid mounting it, but then you said something about dodge mounts. Did you change your mind or was I mistaken? Thanks, Drew

Check your pm
crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Just a bump to keep this out of the archives.
Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post

http://s96.photobucket.com/...current=MOV00016.flv

That sounds awesome!!!
crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Not too bad eh?

[This message has been edited by crzyone (edited 06-13-2007).]

The_Ikon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2007 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_IkonClick Here to visit The_Ikon's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_IkonDirect Link to This Post
bump... sweet. is it running right now?
befarrer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2007 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for befarrerSend a Private Message to befarrerDirect Link to This Post
It gets full revs now. I drove it about 60 miles, and Crzyone drove it about 80 miles, all with no problems. It could use a dyno tune to get the most out of it still, but it is winter here, and driving it would be scary, and most likely instant crashing. Hopefully he will drive it this coming summer though.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2007 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

I just don't see adding oil as a big deal. Once or twice a summer, might as well use a funnel and use the stock oil fill. Good idea though.

Sure comes in handy to add oil at any time or any place, even if your fill tube is 100 miles away.

This is my cut, relocate, and weld on my Short Star.

------------------

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Didn't see this come back up, nice oil cap relocation. Looks like it was put there from factory.

Car is running well now, here is a vid I took a few days ago.

I will have more pictures and dyno numbers when the snow goes away. I think I will pull the motor back out, I'm paranoid of my modified flywheel. Going to buy a spec aluminum one, will make driving the car feel safer. Such a high reving V-8, don't want a broken flywheel in the back.

thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
i cant wait to see this car this spring...ben has told me lots about it..plus he suggested we have a bit of head to head fun...nice job...tim
PFF
System Bot
Russ544

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Direct Link to This Post

I will have more pictures and dyno numbers when the snow goes away. I think I will pull the motor back out, I'm paranoid of my modified flywheel. Going to buy a spec aluminum one, will make driving the car feel safer. Such a high reving V-8, don't want a broken flywheel in the back.

Awsome. that sounds great!! I don't see why you'd be worried about the flywheel however. that method has been used many times on many different setups and I've never heard of a problem with it. might be nice to have a lighter flywheel, but I don't think I'd pull a motor just for that. anyway... great job on the install.

Russ544

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
That would be fun. Going to take this car to the strip and auto-x as well, see how it does. Ben, Tim and Givi auto-x their fieros, I'd like to see how mine does compared to theirs. The N* is a bit heavier, we'll see.
thismanyfieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
i would like to run mine at the strip but i would like to pic up a spare 4 spd first just in case.. i am all for auto x just like to get my lowering springs and rear sway bar slapped in...did i mention i have a garage full of parts to slap on??? ugh...does it ever really end...tim
crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thismanyfieros:

ugh...does it ever really end...tim

Nope.

Now I'm thinking about headers, cams, aluminum flywheel, and many many other upgrades. The car will never be done. Guess thats why its a hobby car.
thismanyfieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
how did adrian take the news of you selling your skyline???? god knows what country he is in now anyways...
Maloso

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalosoSend a Private Message to MalosoDirect Link to This Post
Man that is sweet! Anyone wanna drop a N* in my GT?
crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Adrian is operating a directional drilling rig from an office in Edmonton. I don't think he will be doing any more offshore stuff.

I have not told him yet about the GTR. I might keep both, we'll see. The fiero is done for the summer. If I upgrade it furthur it will be next winter, same for the Skyline.
buds

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for budsSend a Private Message to budsDirect Link to This Post
Nice to see ya decided to keep it...Do you think you have all the bugs worked out of the big stuff 3 ?
crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, after Befarrer and myself rewired and worked the wiring harness. The harness was junk, and the base program hardly ran the engine.

I would not recomend the BS3.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock