electric trunk release by rstubie
Started on: 12-27-2007 12:05 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: rstubie on 12-28-2007 10:05 AM
rstubie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2007 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rstubieSend a Private Message to rstubieDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys I have been working on a Fiero based kit car for a couple years now and I tore all the wiring out of the car well over a year ago. I'm finally ready to start putting stuff back together and I labeled most everything so I wouldnt have to rely on my crappy memory. Anyway for the life of me I cant seem to find the single wire that used to fire the trunk release selenoid. I would think that it should be part of the rear lighting harness but I dont have any connectors on there for it.
So does anyone have an idea what color that wire is? I have a manual with all the schematics in it but its broken down by systems and not harness. Not only that I cant even find it in any of the schematics.
The car is a late 85 with a V6 if that helps.
Any insight on this would be appreciated.. Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2007 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
I think the 85 had a single black wire with a black connector on one end. Should be about 4 feet long.
tjm4fun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 141
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2007 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tjm4funSend a Private Message to tjm4funDirect Link to This Post
not certain on the 85, but isn;t it part of the harnes that goes thru the old decklid? it has 3 wires I believe, 2 for the trunklight switch and one for the solenoid. only ref I have is the 86 fsm, shows a blk/wht wire for the solenoid on the lid side from c250.

connector there is c250, 4 wire connector, there is a white wire on the lid side, to the light switch, goes to a wht/brn on the body harness after the c250.

don;t know if that will help ya or not,
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2007 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
Did you leave it in the deck lid by chance?

------------------
www.FieroDomain.com
Over 120 Fiero Links, Articles, Images, Diagnostics, Now Compatible with your Mobile Device!

"If any car is both the parade and the rain, it is the Fiero"

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2007 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
My 86 coupe has a 4 wire connector just to the left of the right trunk hinge, as so:
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2007 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
The older models are a single wire, the ajar switch is a plunger type mounted separately in the engine bay. Since he remembers being one wire I would guess the 85 uses the separate ajar switch.

[This message has been edited by Xanth (edited 12-27-2007).]

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2007 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xanth:

The older models are a single wire, the ajar switch is a plunger type mounted separately in the engine bay. Since he remembers being one wire I would guess the 85 uses the separate ajar switch.

exactly. the 84 is definitely the single wire on the driver side of the deck lid and the 86 is definitely the 4 plug on the passenger side pictures above. But I am not as familiar with 85 and I seem to recall that it is like the 84 with the single wire. Could be wrong though.
rstubie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2007 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rstubieSend a Private Message to rstubieDirect Link to This Post
Yes guys the style I have had only one wire to the selinoid and one wire to the plunger.
I have the black wire to the plunger labeled and so I know where that one is.
By looking at the selinoid it only has one pin to connect to so I am assuming its a single wire connector.
maybe it was on the deck lid.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock