EGR tube sock by dsalmen
Started on: 12-10-2007 06:10 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: dsalmen on 12-11-2007 03:33 AM
dsalmen

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2007 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dsalmenSend a Private Message to dsalmenDirect Link to This Post
Replacing my stock EGR tube with one of the braided flexible ones from the Fiero Store. The new one does not come with the heat protection sock. I take it you are supposed to reuse the old one and get it over the ends of the tube somehow? Seems like a pretty snug fit.

Thanks for any info,
dave s
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2007 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
I don't think you can. What you can do is get some thermal wrap (for wires, not headers), cut the thread on the old cover and wrap it on the pipe and then cover it with the themal wrap. That will protect the wires in the area. Also, check the wrap on the IAC/TPS, If they are shedding, put a layer on them too. You should be good to go.
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2007 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
I used the sleeve off of the GM's at the salvage yard. You just slit them length wise and slip them over. There are two different sizes on the GM's a large one and a smaller one that fits the stock pipe perfect.

This is the small one...the slit is on the bottom..it closes all the way.

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 12-10-2007).]

IXSLR8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2007 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IXSLR8Send a Private Message to IXSLR8Direct Link to This Post
With the Fiero EGR tube conversion kits I sell on ebay, I use the mylar heat socks/sheathing that you can buy at your local performance auto store. Its expensive but works great. You can slide them over the ends of your tube if you buy the large sheaths. The Mylar material also comes in a form that sticks to itself so you can wrap it around the tube and it will stay.

[This message has been edited by IXSLR8 (edited 12-11-2007).]

dsalmen

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2007 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dsalmenSend a Private Message to dsalmenDirect Link to This Post
Many thanks for all the info.

dave s

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock