how to know if its your feul pump? by Ace McCloud
Started on: 12-05-2007 05:40 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: JazzMan on 12-05-2007 06:05 PM
Ace McCloud

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2007 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ace McCloudSend a Private Message to Ace McCloudDirect Link to This Post
Is there any way to test and see if your fuel pump is broken? I was turning the car over and pressing on the bleeder deal an nothing happened does that sound like the feul pump just up and quit?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2007 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ace McCloud:

Is there any way to test and see if your fuel pump is broken? I was turning the car over and pressing on the bleeder deal an nothing happened does that sound like the feul pump just up and quit?

You can turn the key on and listen for the sound of the fuel pump humming, it should last about 3 seconds. Or you can jump 12v from the cig lighter to the connector on the C-203(cant remeber what hole but the wire is tan) and it should run the fuel pump constent.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post12-05-2007 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
In the ALDL connector is a terminal that connects straight to the fuel pump, bypassing all relays and switches. You can take a jumper wire and connect the orange cigarette lighter wire to that terminal and the pump should run, or you can put a test light on that terminal and connect it to ground, the light should light when cranking and when first turning the key to the RUN position.

JazzMan

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock