3800 flywheel for 5spd by black88fiero
Started on: 11-29-2007 09:33 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: black88fiero on 12-01-2007 09:35 PM
black88fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2007 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for black88fieroSend a Private Message to black88fieroDirect Link to This Post
for evryone who did a 5 speed swap on 3800 does anyone remember how many oz's that was removed when the flywheel was balanced? and where is everyone having their a/c hoses made with the service port for the grand prix pressure switch

------------------
Parts for your FWD GM 97-07
Morad Parts Company
Moradpartscompany

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2007 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
All the flywheels I've had done come in around 40 oz.

I usually have a local A/C shop do the line conversion
3.8 SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2007 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to 3.8 SCDirect Link to This Post
I had my A/C lines put together at NAPA. It's part Grand Prix and part Fiero. Actually , it's the NAPA that is right down the street from where you work, on Lorain.

Don Z.

[This message has been edited by 3.8 SC (edited 11-29-2007).]

Team Race-Tech

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2007 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
I have always used the fiero stock A/C compressor and lines, the only thing I swaped was the pully from the 3800 compressor which uses the serpentine belt. As for the A/C electical system it is all stock fiero, relays and pressure switches. Never had any problems and still using them to this day, even on the current series III swap I'm doing with the OBD II PCM.

Joe

------------------

Street Legal Tuning.

Specializing in Fiero performance:
3800 swaps, custom Aluminum flywheels, Brakes, Engine's, Aftermarket Bolt on performance parts, used Fiero parts,

e-mail: joetrentadue@hotmail.com

black88fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2007 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for black88fieroSend a Private Message to black88fieroDirect Link to This Post
ok have two questions. race tech how much are your aluminum flywheels? and the .840 measurement of the flywheel is that from a brand new fiero flywheel or one that was turned already? so what i am really trying to ask is that if once the 3800 flywheel is machined to .840 can it be machined again to clean it up if i were to swap clutches down the road

------------------
Morad Parts Company
Moradpartscompany

[This message has been edited by black88fiero (edited 12-01-2007).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2007 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by black88fiero:

ok have two questions. race tech how much are your aluminum flywheels? and the .840 measurement of the flywheel is that from a brand new fiero flywheel or one that was turned already? so what i am really trying to ask is that if once the 3800 flywheel is machined to .840 can it be machined again to clean it up if i were to swap clutches down the road

Yes to the second question cause the face of the flywheel is always machined evenly, therefore not altering the weight.
black88fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2007 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for black88fieroSend a Private Message to black88fieroDirect Link to This Post
im talking about thickness so if mine is machined at .840 i i buy a clutch dont like it and buy i new clutch the machine the face to clean it up i will still be in spec and not have buy a flywheel.

------------------
Morad Parts Company
Moradpartscompany

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2007 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by black88fiero:

im talking about thickness so if mine is machined at .840 i i buy a clutch dont like it and buy i new clutch the machine the face to clean it up i will still be in spec and not have buy a flywheel.

Correct.
black88fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2007 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for black88fieroSend a Private Message to black88fieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:
Correct.

thank you plus to you

------------------
Morad Parts Company
Moradpartscompany

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors