parts store differences? by go_home_red
Started on: 11-29-2007 03:46 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: go_home_red on 11-29-2007 04:35 PM
go_home_red

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2007 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for go_home_redSend a Private Message to go_home_redDirect Link to This Post
Of the many parts stores—Napa, Advance, O’Reilly, CarQuest, Auto Zone, or even RockAuto.com—does anyone have any favorite regarding parts quality? I understand some of the aforementioned stores carry the “generic” brands (not sure what else to call them) like Wagner, Raybestos, GP Sorenson, but—price aside—what’s the difference?

Also, how would the quality of the parts available at any of the above stores compare to the parts available through the Fiero Store?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2007 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
NAPA traditionaly had "the good stuff", but lately - it seems they gave up, and are switching to the "autozone/pepboys" model.

the "store brands" like duralast & proline SUCK. but, depending on your needs - they do have their place. no need for a high quality item on a car that wont see next year. basicly - for the "best" stuff - you need to stick with the manufacturers brand - like AC Delco, Mopar, Autolite.
go_home_red

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2007 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for go_home_redSend a Private Message to go_home_redDirect Link to This Post
What about for small parts, like wheel bearings or brake components? I wouldn't know where to find those from the AC Delco brand.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock