Which bushings (rubber Ctrl Arms)? by CheshireGrin
Started on: 11-29-2007 01:31 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: squisher86SE on 11-30-2007 08:43 AM
CheshireGrin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2007 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CheshireGrinSend a Private Message to CheshireGrinDirect Link to This Post
alright i know that i need to replace my cotrol arm bushings and have already decided on the stock rubber ones because i am planning on running lower profile tires and this car is a DD..i am planning on ordering them from http://www.rockauto.com/cat...249107,parttype,7532 but am unsure of which brand would be the best choice..
also i need to order:
4 front uppers
4 front lowers
and 4 rear lowers to replace all the stock ones.. is that correct or is there another bushing on the wheel end of the control arm (forgive my ignorance i just want to be sure)

thanks for your time
Ryan
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2007 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
put poly in the back. even as a daily driver. Fiero rear ends are very fussy, and anything you can do to tighten is a good thing.
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2007 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
Don't buy the service grade parts unless you enjoy doing repeated replacements.

I think the service grade parts are made in central China, the mid-grades are made in Hong Kong and the premium ones are made in Taiwan.

CheshireGrin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2007 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CheshireGrinSend a Private Message to CheshireGrinDirect Link to This Post
boo for no north american part choices.
Ryan
squisher86SE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2007 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for squisher86SESend a Private Message to squisher86SEDirect Link to This Post
I'm not running super-low profile tires (225/50/15s) but I do run them at high pressures (50 PSI) for better wear (Falkens). They should ride really stiff, but I have stock springs with KYB Gas-Adjust shocks up front and KYB GR2 struts in the back. Polyurethane bushings EVERYWHERE and the car rides really nicely. Motion is controlled, but the ride is not harsh, or even firm really, it's just right for me.

I would not be afraid to put poly bushings all around. for your suspension. Unless you need it, I wouldn't, however; do poly/solid engine mounts (Definitely poly or solid cradle mounts though) because then all of your engine vibration will then be transmitted to the driver's compartment. You can offset this by installing Dynamat in the interior, but it's more work. (That's what I ended up doing. It's not bad now, and the car does drive a bit nicer without the engine flopping around back there).

Fresh, new rubber engine/transmission mounts should work well for a stock engine though, they will help limit movement and still isolate the vibrations. A poly dogbone alone won't transmit vibs that bad though (Previous owner had one of those installed on mine, and I couldn't tell that it was that bad).

[This message has been edited by squisher86SE (edited 11-30-2007).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock