Back tail light problem? by Proud88GT
Started on: 11-17-2007 05:50 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: Proud88GT on 11-20-2007 09:04 PM
Proud88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2007 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Proud88GTClick Here to visit Proud88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Proud88GTDirect Link to This Post
I am having a problem with my 86 SE tail lights. The back lights are having a problem when I put the parking or headlights on. When the head lights are on the brake lights are always on and the turn blinkers do not work. If I turn the headlights or parklights off the brakes work but they are not that bright. Also with the headlights and parklights off the turn signals work. I have checked the grounds to the back tail lights and everything looks great. I need some ideas to what could be causing this problem with my car.

Any help would be great.

Mitchell
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2007 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
sure sounds like a grounding problem to me.
either that or you have the bulbs in backwards. or put a wrong bulb in.
Proud88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2007 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Proud88GTClick Here to visit Proud88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Proud88GTDirect Link to This Post
The grounds are o.k. and the bulbs only go in one way. the light bulbs have a high and a low bump on them to keep them in place and to make sure you have them in right.

All the bulbs are working I am just having problems when I change from brakes to headlights and back.

James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2007 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
I have a friend who's a mechanic,he said to check and clean the small ground comeing off the battery.
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2007 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Proud88GT:
The grounds are o.k.

so i assume you tested resistance between the ground connector inside the socket to the negative terminal on the battery and found really low resistance

Originally posted by Proud88GT:
and the bulbs only go in one way. the light bulbs have a high and a low bump on them to keep them in place and to make sure you have them in right.

i've seen bulbs forced in backwards and even the wrong single filament bulbs installed.

Proud88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2007 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Proud88GTClick Here to visit Proud88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Proud88GTDirect Link to This Post
I will check the ground from the battery today and the bulbs to make sure everything looks right. I wll update you guys on what I find.

Mitchell
Proud88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2007 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Proud88GTClick Here to visit Proud88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Proud88GTDirect Link to This Post
I found the problem. I had bad wires from the wire harness next to the battery and it caused two bulbs to burnup. I fixed the wires and replaced the bulbs and my tail lights are now working great.

Mitchell

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock