LT1 by Dementia
Started on: 11-15-2007 10:37 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: Fiero STS on 11-19-2007 09:30 AM
Dementia

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
Anybody know if archies kit works with the LT1? I'll probably call and ask but just wanted to see what u guys had to say. Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
The LT1 requires some different parts, like custom axles. Archie has an LT1-specific kit that covers everything.
Dementia

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
I have to move the tranny with that motor huh? Is it back toward the drivers side?
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dementia:

I have to move the tranny with that motor huh? Is it back toward the drivers side?

Yes, it shifts the engine towards the driver's side because of the front mounted distributor.
Dementia

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
Cool thanks. I'm gonna call archie tomorrow. Do u have 1 in your car?
Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2007 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Direct Link to This Post
I do but I did it with Archie's regular kit before he had the LT1 kit available.
I moved it 1-1/2" to the drivers side.
More details in my build thread in the signature.

------------------

1986 Fiero2m8 (LT1 NX / 4T60 Roadster Build)
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/071642.html

GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2007 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post
The Stinger has an LT1.
Dementia

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2007 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
Well aright I went and bought 94 LT1 out of a vette. Guy worked for TRW and it was a test motor with 100 hrs on it. It ran about 330 hp and I think he said 364 torque. I got an extra set of aluminum heads, wiring harness, ecm, all sensors, and a high torque starter. I talk to archie this moring about a kit for it. Its got me a little worried I didnt realize I had to cut the frame rails as well as the wheels wells. Any wiring guys out there for this swap? I thought long and hard about going 3800sc so I wouldnt have to cut up the car, but I couldnt find 1 I was happy with so here we go with a LT1 swap. Unless someone has a nice 3800sc trade offer. LOL
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2007 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
There is a very good 7 page article on building power in the Gen II LT1 in the January issue of Car Craft magazine, starting on page 34.

Very good reading & lots of info.

Archie
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2007 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
Archie installed my LT1 5 years ago and he has my car now installing a G6.

I have the Car Craft mag and as Archie said, it has a very good write up on the LT1.
N2weeks

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-18-2007 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N2weeksSend a Private Message to N2weeksDirect Link to This Post
I think a 3800 sc motor swap would be better. Thats the way I am leaning but would like to turbo it. Wasn't too impressed with my neighbors v8 fiero, and he was upset after I beat him with by civic. Thats turbo too though.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Brick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2007 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero BrickSend a Private Message to Fiero BrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N2weeks:

I think a 3800 sc motor swap would be better. Thats the way I am leaning but would like to turbo it. Wasn't too impressed with my neighbors v8 fiero, and he was upset after I beat him with by civic. Thats turbo too though.

Not all v8s were created equal. Did you think to ask exactly what was under the hood?
N2weeks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-18-2007 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N2weeksSend a Private Message to N2weeksDirect Link to This Post
yes. I know what it has
Dementia

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2007 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
How do I get a copy of that article? I went to car craft.com and couldnt find it. Thanks. Also what V8 is he using?
Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2007 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Direct Link to This Post
Congrats on becoming a LT1 owner - here are a few of my recommended sites

http://www.automotiverebuilder.com/ar/ar99928.htm
http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech1.html
http://web.camaross.com/forums/

As far as buildups, the December 2006 issue of Chev Hi-Performance has a nice 480HP LT1 stroker buildup on page 40.

It was done by www.golenengineservice.com

Dementia

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2007 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
Cool thanks all for your info. I'll have to take pics and get a build thread going. The motor is a jasper rebuild. 40 over forged pistons and rods, gasket matched intake and heads, intake hogged out and polished for a 58mm twin throttle body. I think I'm gonna add a cam and rockers and see if that will take me in the range of 425 HP. I'll run it for a litttle while and see how it does from there.
Fiero STS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2007 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSDirect Link to This Post
After doing one of these swaps I would have to say the LT1 is the worst small block swap there is. Due to the water pump making the engine so much longer and if you are going with an auto the adaptor plate from Archie is 3/4 of an inch thicker than the manual adaptor so this adds to the overall length of the engine/trans. You would be farther ahead to use an LSxx motor or an older engine.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock