car almost died by lovenfieros
Started on: 11-02-2007 09:15 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: JazzMan on 11-03-2007 03:19 PM
lovenfieros

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lovenfierosSend a Private Message to lovenfierosDirect Link to This Post
i was driving to kragen and my car started acting up and the idle dropped down to like 500rpm then i noticed my battery gauge was going from fully charged and then to about 12 or 13 then the next stop light i pulled in the clutchh and the cars idle dropped all the way down and died and i hard to start it real quick then every time i put my foot on the clutch the car would die unless i reved the engine. so i couldnt use my brake then i noticed it started to lose power as i took off and would jerk back and forth so anyone know wut happened. i think the fuel pump may be clogged
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post
It could be a clogged fuel filter, ignition module failing, clogged cat converter, bad TPS, bad gas, (or even more things).

First what year and type engine is the car?

Next, have you tried pulling the codes yet?
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Put some gas in it and see if it gets better before you try to fix it. I have had bad gas do that, it just takes a little water in the tank to make the car run bad. You could also run some gas dry in it.
lovenfieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2007 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lovenfierosSend a Private Message to lovenfierosDirect Link to This Post
its a 84 SE. yeah its when i put gas in it it started acting up
ly41181

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2007 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ly41181Send a Private Message to ly41181Direct Link to This Post
Mine has been doing that for months now and at random. Its always when I come to a stop or when I'm shifting to drive or reverse. I've replaced the fuel filter, another tps, another map, rebuilt the throttle body, swapped egr and a few more things. Oh, and the car has to be warmed up for all this to happen. When mine's cold it doesn't do it.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post11-03-2007 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Pull the coil wire off and look in the boots for white powdery corrosion. Be sure to use a dab of silicone grease on the boots before reinstalling.

JazzMan

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock