Started on: 10-16-2007 09:34 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: darkhorizon on 10-16-2007 01:41 PM
jeffndebrus

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2007 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jeffndebrusSend a Private Message to jeffndebrusDirect Link to This Post
Would the transmission out of a Bonneville ssei 2000 3800sc be a
Heavy Duty??????
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2007 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
yep all 65's mated to SC motors got the heavy diff.

If it has the quick connect fittings for the trans cooler its a "b" valve body, if it has screw connectors its a "a" valve body (if you care).
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2007 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

yep all 65's mated to SC motors got the heavy diff.

If it has the quick connect fittings for the trans cooler its a "b" valve body, if it has screw connectors its a "a" valve body (if you care).

Also the HD's have a steel input shaft and the non-HD's have an aluminum input shaft.
I found this out when we had a problem with our AWD minivan. It had a regular 4T65e in it and the input shaft twisted/warped.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 10-16-2007).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2007 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

Also the HD's have a steel input shaft and the non-HD's have an aluminum input shaft.
I found this out when we had a problem with our AWD minivan. It had a regular 4T65e in it and the input shaft twisted/warped.

/speculation on

This is sorta a rumor from what I understand, It seems that select transmissions got the "steel" input shaft. The grand prix rumor is that only 97/98 transmissions got this and the latter got the "weaker" input shaft. I will consult my information sources when they get home from work tonight.

/speculation off

I know that zzp commonly uses non HD transmissions for their "base line build" that retains the stock input shaft. But on the other hand, my friend with a 500+HP turbo series2 on his 2003 zzp 65e NON hd, broke an input shaft.

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 10-16-2007).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock