Started on: 10-14-2007 02:36 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Nurb432 on 10-14-2007 06:54 PM
Nurb432

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post10-14-2007 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
Seems ive developed a slight leak in one of the transmission cooler lines just under the drivers seat.

While waiting on a new set ( $120??? geez... ) to arrive i was thinking of just cutting out the bad piece and splicing in a bit of steel fuel line with 2 compresion fittings.

Since there really isnt much pressure i dont think ill cause any trouble, or am i all wet ?

( and anyone happen know what size that line is, id like to get it and be ready *before* i cut the old piece off )
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2007 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
shouldnt have any problems asuming you can get a good clean connection on the compression fittings.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post10-14-2007 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
Il take my dremel and sand it down if its rusty so i think that part i should be ok with.

Ill also take off the 'protector' on the pice i cut and put it on the new piece too, so its a bit safer. With my luck it will be bad weather when the new stuff arrives and ill have to drive it like that for a little. Tho i can drive the the project GT instead i suppose. it looks like garbage but its safe to drive.

I really need to get a 3rd car for times like this.. Always wanted a wrangler .
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2007 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
If you don't want to mess with compression fittings, you can use a short piece of fuel-rated hose.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post10-14-2007 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

If you don't want to mess with compression fittings, you can use a short piece of fuel-rated hose.

That was my first thought, but i would be afraid a rock would hit it and cut it open. Perhaps im just overly paranoid.

EDIT: and just for the record, rust sux. Its depressing to get under neath that car, i know its only got a couple of years left tops.

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 10-14-2007).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock