Started on: 10-12-2007 06:54 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: Finally_Mine_86_GT on 10-12-2007 08:36 PM
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2007 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Ok i have a really nice trick for those who are leaking out of the slave cylinder. take it all apart and add a little teflon tape where the bushing meets the metal. and sand out the bore with 2000 to make it smooth again... has worked great for me for about two months now. it's really only ment for short term till i can get the cash up for a rebuild kit but it's been holding and i'm curious about how long it will hold. i'll keep you all posted.

Next:
My master cylinder is completely shot. I bought a rebuild kit for it and it didn't work at all... I need my car as a daily driver and i can't afford a new master for a few weeks (damn budgets ) does anybody here have one to spare till i get paid? used is fine as i can't be too picky as long as it works. thank you.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2007 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Is it the one where the line comes out the end of the cyl. or the line isin the middle of the cyl. ?
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2007 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
doesn't matter... i could use either one... the one that came with the car has the line in front of the reservoir.
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2007 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Did the rebuild kit come with the little rubber piece that goes on the spring end of the piston?

If it didn't that is the problem... There are pics and info of it here..

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/082567.html

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2007 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
well here's the whole story... my 2nd design failed so i asked a friend who had one if i could have his 1st design of his parts car. i put the new first design in and it worked for about 2 weeks. within those two weeks i fixed the slight leak that was in the slave with the teflon and shortly after the master would only engage if i hit the pedal fast... it's not leaking into the car and it's not leaking from the slave. so i figured i would go out and get a repair kit for the first design one that's in the car now. different problem... now the clutch pedal wond fully come back and it wont allow me to get the car into gear. i can't afford to go out anf buy a new one and the place i got the kit from was from online (without the spring). so now i'm out the $ and i don't have a driveable car... about to sell this damn thing. and find an automatic.
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2007 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
The kits don't come with the spring as far as I know, but you need to have the little rubber button on the end otherwise the fluid leaks back into the res. and the clutch will quickly re-engage.

Are you sure you got all the air out? That is normally the #1 problem. You need two people to do a good job or a bottle or can and line in fluid to keep the air out as you bleed.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2007 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
yup... with all of these problems i can bleed the system in less then 5 minutes. i guess that's one good thing to come out of this.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock