Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Heads Up display? Grafting in 94 Bonny parts.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Heads Up display? Grafting in 94 Bonny parts. by Greg-W
Started on: 10-12-2007 10:55 AM
Replies: 6
Last post by: sardonyx247 on 10-13-2007 01:09 AM
Greg-W

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2007 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg-WSend a Private Message to Greg-WDirect Link to This Post
I picked up a 94 Bonny to use as a 3800SC donor. I noticed the car has some neat gadgets including a speedometer that refects off the windshield. Has anyone ever tried grafting such parts into their Fiero?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rjblaze

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2007 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Definitely try "HUD" in the search section....there are a few there.
ig88vsbobafett

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2007 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ig88vsbobafettSend a Private Message to ig88vsbobafettDirect Link to This Post
I have and it works good

If you get it grab the dimmer with extra wire the hud with extra wire and the trim plate

[This message has been edited by ig88vsbobafett (edited 10-12-2007).]

fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2007 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Greg-W:

I picked up a 94 Bonny to use as a 3800SC donor. I noticed the car has some neat gadgets including a speedometer that refects off the windshield. Has anyone ever tried grafting such parts into their Fiero?

I have done 3 cars with full controls, hidden under the dash so you could not tell it was installed. I don't know if I still have photos aval. that was over 10 years ago.

Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2007 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

I have been considering the HUD installation myself for some time now, just never completed the project. I did get as far as purchasing a HUD unit off ebay. It's been a while back. Can't remember which model or year vehicle the unit came off of but believe it was a '99 Grand Am.

ig88vsbobafett, if you have done this installation could you share in any information you have? I'm specifically interested in the wiring information.

Greg-W

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2007 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg-WSend a Private Message to Greg-WDirect Link to This Post
Whoa! Is that the Bonny dash piece dropped right on there? That looks like it was made for a fiero. If the dash cluster were moulded into that it would look absolutly perfect. I too am curious to here details of the swap. It could not have been as easy as plug and play.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2007 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
I put in a heads up years ago and love it. It does not show as big as stock but I don't want to mod my dash for it either.

------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
'84 Fiero, engine to be determined
'87Blue GT 3.4L Swap Completed!!!!!!!!
Las Vegas Fiero Club
Fiero Road Club Of Northern Nevada

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave