can someone draw me a schematic please? by Flyguyeddy
Started on: 09-26-2007 12:57 AM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Flyguyeddy on 09-27-2007 07:44 AM
Flyguyeddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyguyeddySend a Private Message to FlyguyeddyDirect Link to This Post
ok, i am trying to make an integrated taillight for my bike. heres the skinny

bought a clear alternatives taillight with led lights in it off of ebay for a nice price and figured, hell, ill just go get a trailer light converter to make it blink. wrong.

i wired it up and the brake/turn signal output wires only put out 9v or so. it does NOT light the high/bright side when hooked up.

now, i was thinking about wiring in some transistors and using the outputs to turn them on, but at that point, i might as well make something that would work for what i need and not have extra bulky parts.

i was thinking of using some fets to turn OFF the power to the highs when the turn signal is applied. i cant remember what i need to use tho. its been a while since i've had electronics.

basically, i dont need a heavy current handling capabilities just whatever a normal led replacement bulb will take.

can u help me out?

------------------
Brandon Edmonds

1996 Taurus SHO (my baby)
1986 Fiero (parts car)
1984 Fiero (bare rust free frame)
1998 Suzuki Katana 750 (not too shabby if you ask me)
1993 Taurus SHO (in pieces till i get a tranny)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Get creative with some relays ! Whats the quickest 1/4 mile you got with your SHO's? My friend got one and the intake looks like something that...shouldn't belong in a Taurus, but more like in a high end euro sports car.
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Not following so far.

So is it a single led lamp and you want it to work for brake and tail and need to have it switch between the two.
But you only get 9 volts.. when is it 9volts when just tail light is on or brake light power.
Are they on separate wires?

spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post

Why not buy the resistors or flasher they sell at their site?

edit: Previous image was wrong year. This one doesn't look like an integrated tail light.

[This message has been edited by spark1 (edited 09-27-2007).]

Flyguyeddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyguyeddySend a Private Message to FlyguyeddyDirect Link to This Post
because i have a taillight already and i dont want to waste any more money.

btw, i dont have the katana anymore, its a VFR750F, but i am going to use the 93-95 CBR900RR tail on it. i guess i must have changed my sig after i made that post.

------------------
Brandon Edmonds

1998 Contour SVT (new sexiness)
1996 Taurus SHO (traded)
1984 Fiero (bare rust free frame, to be the basis for my car)
1991 Honda VFR750F interceptor (V4 sex)

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock