Started on: 09-18-2007 07:12 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Pyrthian on 09-19-2007 08:41 AM
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2007 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
I've been getting mine at Radio Shack for years for my ignition modules and it always looked like this.

I need some more but went to two different Radio Shack's and couldn't find any This is what they sell now.

Here's the back of the package.

I hope it works as good as the stuff I had been buying. I haven't opened the package yet in case anyone thinks I should return it.
Marc

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tjm4fun

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 141
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2007 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tjm4funSend a Private Message to tjm4funDirect Link to This Post
Looks liek an imitation arctic silver paste. supposed to be more thermally conductive. should be fine tho.
I have a tube that is about 15 years old, a larger one, built a couple dozen pc's, fixed more, did who knows how many ignition modules out of one tube and it;s sitll 80% filled. less is more, you don;t need much!
timgray

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2007 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayDirect Link to This Post
exactly. having the distributor location where it mounts very clean and the bottom of the module very clean are very important as well as using a small amount of the goo. I sand the distributor with 2000 grit to get rid of any oxidation first to make a good clean connection for heat removal.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2007 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
I would say that it is a better newer faster compound.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock