Started on: 08-07-2007 08:48 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Mickey_Moose on 08-09-2007 02:30 PM
Mike Murphy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MurphySend a Private Message to Mike MurphyDirect Link to This Post
Got the dash back in last night and started to hook stuff up to see if everything works ok. I have a Pontiac Monsoon Radio that I had been using prior to hooking up the factory Sub. I know there is an issue with the power lead from the pin location originally for the power antenna not being adequate to power the sub. That I have not changed yet but thought I would just plug everything in to see if by chance I would get lucky and everything worked ok. With the sub amp plugged in it is almost like getting distorted feedback through the sub speaker. Unplug it and of course everything sounds fine but no sub. The slider adjustment is the only thing I have not plugged in yet and did not occur to me until this AM. Probably should have but thought that the amp might be bad?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
finish hooking it all up - then test

...yes, more than likely it will sound like crap till you apply power to the amp - it's like changing all your spark plugs but leaving a couple out, then you try starting the car to see how well it works to see if it's worth while to put the rest in...
Whuffo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhuffoClick Here to visit Whuffo's HomePageSend a Private Message to WhuffoDirect Link to This Post
You've got to make the necessary wiring change in the adapter - or the subwoofer won't work.
Mike Murphy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MurphySend a Private Message to Mike MurphyDirect Link to This Post
I forget which pin that needs to be changed the plug uses the power ant. feed to power it and not enough?
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2007 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
...the wire that is connected to the power antenna input on the radio is disconnected from the radio and connected to an ignition source (key on = power). This is the easiest way, the other way involves the use of a relay. If you want specifics, just ask.

added >> the Monsoon deck (or any other CD player) does not supply enough current via tha antenna output to drive the sub amp - this is why you have to feed it from a different power source.

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 08-08-2007).]

Mike Murphy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2007 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MurphySend a Private Message to Mike MurphyDirect Link to This Post
Light blue wire?
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2007 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
It is either #3 or #13. Both pink. I can't remember and I am at work. I'll look it up later though.
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
take your pick (radio pinouts) - the wire going to the ANT input is the one that will connect to IGN:

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 08-09-2007).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock