Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  2.8 auto wont go into ANY gear!?! help? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
2.8 auto wont go into ANY gear!?! help? by BobadooFunk
Started on: 07-20-2007 12:56 AM
Replies: 53
Last post by: toadson on 08-03-2007 02:00 PM
Hudini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2007 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post
Would be nice if it was something simple. If the pump got trashed though it won't produce any pressure and that is what makes everything work. The simple check (if you have the proper gauge) is a line pressure check.
IP: Logged
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2007 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by p8ntman442:

put it back together with the new filter and fluid. Rev the **** out of it in neutral and drop it into gear. If that dosent do it, swap the tranny.

if it wasnt for what you said...

i wouldnt have JUST DROVE THE CAR FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!!!!

OMFG.

im ecstatic right now....

im in awe...

sheer joy

Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2007 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
So does it actually work normally now? Or do you have to keep revving the piss out of it?

Congrats if its all working good now
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2007 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

OMFG.

im in awe...

sheer joy

FANDAMNTASIC!!!!!!

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2007 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Formula88

53788 posts
Member since Jan 2001

OMFG.

im in awe...

sheer joy

FANDAMNTASIC!!!!!!

Ok, double post - but hell, it's worth it.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 07-30-2007).]

reapermedic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2007 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reapermedicSend a Private Message to reapermedicDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad she's running for you, congrats!!!
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2007 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by p8ntman442:

put it back together with the new filter and fluid. Rev the **** out of it in neutral and drop it into gear. If that dosent do it, swap the tranny.

LoL, I was going to say the same thing. . . He just needs a little sense of adventure
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2007 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xanth:

So does it actually work normally now? Or do you have to keep revving the piss out of it?

Congrats if its all working good now

im actually about to go out and do the timing a little better, i think thatll help a lot..

tomorrow a lil cleanup of engine bay..

monday or tues take it to school for a FREE alignment! (and to do my brake lines!)

WATCH!
Click here to watch She-MOVES-96

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 07-31-2007).]

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2007 03:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

BobadooFunk

5436 posts
Member since Jun 2003
wierd.. i tried to drive it again, and nothing (no high revving though.. will try again tomorrow..)
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2007 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

BobadooFunk

5436 posts
Member since Jun 2003
ok so it seems i have to rev it a bit every time before the tranny wil go into gear?? any reason? anything i can do to remedy?
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2007 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

ok so it seems i have to rev it a bit every time before the tranny wil go into gear?? any reason? anything i can do to remedy?

Low fluid level or worn or leaking pump is my guess. Have you tried measuring the line pressure?

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo- 0-60 5.2 seconds
2006 3800SC Series III swap in progress
Engine Controls, PCM goodies,
re-programming & odd electronics stuff
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PFF
System Bot
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2007 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
Low fluid level or worn or leaking pump is my guess. Have you tried measuring the line pressure?

no equipment to do so here at the house, but once i bring it with me mon. or tues..
p8ntman442

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for p8ntman442Click Here to visit p8ntman442's HomePageSend a Private Message to p8ntman442Direct Link to This Post
There is a pump mounted to a plate inside the pan. The plate wears out, and the fix is to actually put a thicker plate under the pump. Basically your not building pressure. It could also be your Torque converter is shot or air bound.

toadson

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toadsonSend a Private Message to toadsonDirect Link to This Post
Something you might want to check.... A few years ago I kept dropping the pan on my 98 fullsize chevy truck, screwing with the shift firmness. One of the times I decided to replace the tranny filter seal, and didnt drive the seal in far enough. Once I put it all together and drove the truck, it wouldnt hardly even move. I could drive it, but it felt like there was no power. After dropping the pan once again, my dad noticed that I didnt drive the seal in far enough, causing the tranny to suck air. Once we drove it in far enough all was good. Im not sure if you decided to change the seal or not, but it might be something to look at if you have the pan off again.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock